Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

FSX SE CAN YOU PLAY OFFLINE?

Hello Folks,

Anyone found a way to run FSX SE without having to go online each time...or has this yet not been sorted out by Dovetail..

Still holding my copy in down load so have not used yet.

Thanks

Hello Folks,

Anyone found a way to run FSX SE without having to go online each time...or has this yet not been sorted out by Dovetail..

Still holding my copy in down load so have not used yet.

Thanks

Not yet sorted out AFAIK.

Offline play is supposed to work with all games on STEAM but for whatever reasons (probably it's legacy nature), FSX:SE just still does not work off line.

Thanks Craig,

I think Dovetail need to sort this out...as you say can play other games offline....no doubt some legal thing !

Well may have to go tP3D otherwise..

All the best  

To be honest the day I reinstalled the MS version of FSX, was the first day that my internet connection went down, and I couldn't use FSX:SE !!  :smile:

This is why I absolutely hate Steam and why I am not buying SE. It's annoying and unnecessary to have to login, let Steam take its time and then be pestered by ads when you close the sim.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is why I absolutely hate Steam and why I am not buying SE. It's annoying and unnecessary to have to login, let Steam take its time 

Here that all happens in a flash. Click on Steam icon, click on FSX selection, FSX starts loading immediately and takes its usual amount of time doing so. Steam can be closed then, if you wish, but it doesn't appear to do any harm and most certainly doesn't slow FSX down at all.

and then be pestered by ads when you close the sim.

I get one ad usually, click close on that  then on steam. It's hardly more than doing the ALT F X to close FSX itself.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

At our VA clubhouse, we are using combinations of FS9, FSX & P3D, on a LAN, using FSHost. We cannot use FSX:SE as we aere in an 'off-line' situation, with us operating from a secure location. (a long story!)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

My FS system only ever goes online for critical updates, and it's fully backed up before and after. Been bitten before by leaving it hooked up to the internet !

This is why I absolutely hate Steam and why I am not buying SE. It's annoying and unnecessary to have to login, let Steam take its time and then be pestered by ads when you close the sim.

Steam boots up quick on my system...literally takes less than 10 seconds, then FSX loads in the same amount of time the MS version did.  As for the ads, AFAIK you can turn those off in your preferences...I don't get them at all, so I don't know what you're seeing.

The only bad thing I've experienced with Steam is all the other games that interest me that stop me from using FSX at all!!!  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I purchased the X-plane downloaded via steam ... I thought I was getting just a faster download that way ... same day purchase and download.

Later I learned about being tied-into the online stuff with Steam. Getting some kind of On-Line-Steam approval to play the game.

Next time I update X-plane I will wait 3 days for the CDs from X-plane.

I will never purchase from Steam again .... with this internet connection / logon (check for proof of purchase  .. whatever it is) restriction.

if the Steam server goes down or my internet provider connection has a problem (Comcast) then I cannot fly the Sim.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Other Steam games work offline, FSX_SE not.
Email support Dovetail says that it is aware of the problem and will fix, I look it.

If more people are interested in solving this would be good claim for email support.

dtgflightsupport@dovetailgames.com

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Steam has an option to restart in off line mode. Once you do this, Steam stays offline even after rebooting your PC until you reconnect. I have several games (including F1 2014 which has a huge online league functionality) on my gamer rig and they all play in this mode, including initial boot up of the game.

why would FSX be different? Very strange.

If i ever have the need to switch, this would be a deal braker for me and i would be looking at P3D.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

why would FSX be different? Very strange.

In the case of FSX_SE is different, other Steam games I own (Eurotruck, F1 ...) work with Steam offline.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

why would FSX be different?

Because Steam hasn't programmed SE to work that way yet, though they have stated that they are working on it.