Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

We need to talk about SOUND ... again. :)

Hello Krosswynd, and Majestic,

Since, I think version 1.002 while using FSX, I have suffered an issue with the MJC Q400, concerning sound.   It is not the same issue as other people report (full loss of sound), so please take a look ;-

• The aircraft intiates fine and I have sound; no problems.
  • I can use ATC windows etc, and don't lose sound (as some did); no problems.
  • If my flight is very short (<20mins), I can land, shut down, and have no sound problems.
  • However, anything longer than 20 mins, and the sound freezes, usually when on approach.
  • By 'freezes' I mean that the sim still runs fine (it's not a full 'hang' or lock up), just that the RPM of the engines 'freeze' and no other sounds will then play.
  • So even when I land and turn the engines off, I still have the constant engine RPM sound, from the sound froze.

Almost 2 years later (maybe more?) and I am now on v1.013, using P3D v2.5 and I still have this same issue, which really ruins the fun. :(

I have tried using the "Windows 7 compatibility" setting in the INI but it has no effect either way.  I have also tried disabling all announcement and calls but again, this doesn't help.

I have followed all of the previous advice concerning sound card settings, etc.    ....... so kind of at the end of my tether now and close to accepting that this wonderful, groundbreaking add-on just will not work properly for me, where sound is concerned.

I've ben thinking whether it would be useful (considering a number of people have reported sound issues over the years) offering a feature that disables the MJC's custom sound functions, and instead just uses a standard sound folder, with a sound.cfg.   (I tried experimenting with this myself but no engine sounds would play).

Is there anything at all that you can suggest to help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Craig,

Sounds like you have been plagued with a sound gremlin in the Dash 400.  The only thing that comes to mind off the top would be a possible defective sound card or drivers - however you have advised that your other aircraft work without issue.  

Please forward/email this issue to us over at the Majestic Software Support department - so that we have this issue on file and are able communicate with you in a more timely manner.  my apologies for having you do this a second time.

Regards,

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Hi all,

I just wanted to update this post to confirm that, after having sound problems with all previous versions (v1.001 > v1.013) of the Q400, I've now been using the latest version v1.014 for three weeks, and many flights, without any sound problems..... yipee! :smile:

Thanks so much to Simeon and all of the development team at Majestic for working hard to resolve the issue.

The Q400 is now, without caveat, one of the top 2 best ever aircraft addons ever released for FS, IMHO. 

The Q400 is now, without caveat, one of the top 2 best ever aircraft addons ever released for FS

Well it is unless you want to use any external hardware, then you are out of luck

Well it is unless you want to use any external hardware, then you are out of luck

That's not true.   The Q400 is fully compatible with FSUIPC Mouse Macros.  This means that every functional switch and button, can be mapped to a keyboard command or hardware buttons.   It's just that this functionality isn't built into the core product (eg... there's no key assignment GUI), but via registered FSUIPC it's fully assignable to any hardware.  You just need to know how to do it.     I use hardware with every function of the MCP (autopilot), including all the custom AP features like VNAV and IAS.

PS...... Unbelievable.... after I posted above to confirm I'd had no sound issues at all with v1.014, I loaded the Q400 in FSX, and had no internal cockpit sounds.    Rebooted my PC, tried again - same thing. :(

....... off to see my shrink.