Sign in to follow this  
House83

My Return to FS check my homework

Hello everyone so a little back ground on my history I use to play FS98, 2000 (long time ago)  With the new FS Steam and FS2015 being talk about it has resparked my interest in the game.  I use to have so much fun playing and working with different types of addons at the same time.  I have put in some research on what Addons I would like to run and also looked at several forums and videos of systems being built.  I think I have the bases covered but not being the most fimiliar with computers I just wanted to double check my work before I placed an order.

Hardware looking to run:

3-24in screens, Yoke, Rudder pedels

Addons:

REX-Overdrive

Active Sky Next

FS SE

Fair amount of plans POSKY, Eaglesoft, Coranado

ICE Traffic AI

I'm sure there will be more but should give you a general idea

With FS SE do I have to run windows 8.1 or can I still order windows 7 with good results?

Below is my proposed system please let me know if I'm coming up short anywhere.  My ultimate goal is to keep atleast 30fps with it looking pretty awesome in the process.  Thanks!!!!

CAS:Corsair Obsidian 750D w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window

CASUPGRADE:12in Meter Light - 8 speed [+15] (Red Color)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FAN:Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD:256GB ADATA SP610 SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)

MOTHERBOARD:* GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified)

MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1:Power Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE2:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OVERCLOCK:Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 15% or more) [+39]

POWERSUPPLY:850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply [+61]

RUSH:Standard Process Time: Ship within 8 Business Day

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:Eagle Arion ET-AR306-BK 2.0 Compact Speaker w/ Subwoofer [+46]

TEMP:None

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)

WNC:802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+26]

Nope, it's probably because the info you are after is the same as been given in hundreds of other threads on here.  That's what the search function is for.

However, build looks fine, but I would try and get some 2400mhz RAM instead of the 2133, and I would also be ditching Windows 8.1 and putting Win 7 on there. 

Hope that helps.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I would also be ditching Windows 8.1 and putting Win 7 on there.

+1

I appreciate the help and will adjust my setup.  I can understand the frusteration.  MY problem is that I really know nothing about computers, or hardware brands.  I tried to understand as much as I could and after about two weeks of research I configured what you see above.  Just wanted to make sure before I placed the order that I wasn't missing the boat on something critical.  Thanks again I really do appreciate it.   -Nathan