Sign in to follow this  
SuperCell

UTX 2 Highway Desert Encasements

How do I get rid of the encasements? This is UTX 2 on top of FTX PNW Hybrid with Vector disabled. Also, how do I get rid of the desert patches? I just re-installed UTX and don't remember ever having this problem

b8KcdBd.jpg

NDyMl8O.jpg

I'm not sure if the problem is entirely encasements, but may be due to Orbx's unique textures and related terrain.cfg texture numbering however.  So the wrong texture for the encasement is being called.  I don't have Vector and don't know how that interacts as well, just disabling might not totally remove some conflicting element.  I do not have the issue you are posting about.  Perhaps you can check with Orbx or Scenery Solutions (UTX) Simforums about this.

However - this is what you need to do.

UTX V2 Europe.  Open up the Configure Panel. Go to the Feature Tree and click open "Road Surfaces", look down the list 7 items down, just under the Bridge Objects, you will see "RCX Road Encasements", click on it, that will highlight the active button, click on it to make it NOT active. Close the interface.

Reboot your FSX and see what that looks like.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It works. Rebooting isn't necessary though. Vector doesn't conflict at all for me as long as I keep UTX on top.  I just keep it off to save VAS.  I'll investigate the other thing, but it's so minor. Thanks Mayun!  :good:

FYI,

You need to stop making duplicate threads covering the exact information. The Edit button will allow you to change things for a few hours after you post if you think of more information.

FYI,

You need to stop making duplicate threads covering the exact information. The Edit button will allow you to change things for a few hours after you post if you think of more information.

Why wouldn't you pm me that? The thing is, I press post then have to wait a few minutes before it's actually posted so I make a new thread thinking that something went wrong. It's not a matter of editing, just a mistake.

Why wouldn't you pm me that?

So that everyone else that sees the same 2 threads won't be thinking the same thing as I did, hence the name, public forum!!