Sign in to follow this  
andrewr

Live View - What I'm after?

Hello,

I've installed and looked at the OpusFX product. Very good. 

If I'm being honest, I currently use EZDok, Rex Textures with ASN and am really happy with my FSX setup.

I'm running it over a network, Plan-G, Aivlasoft Display. VPilot - all okay on client PC with FSX, Vpilot Proxy, Aivlasoft DataProvider all on the server PC.

What I was looking to do is set up a view on the client PC using Opus.

I got so far and it didn't work. The Live View Test seem to run okay - so both PCs were communicating, but nothing worked in tandem. I followed the guide as best I could.  

If I did get it working, would I see other traffic from Vatsim on the view? 

Would the weather be updated from FSX via Opus?

Thanks.

Firstly, OpusFSX is an obsolete product, it's now OpusFSI.

We have many OpusFSI Live View users, including many professional flight sims. To sync and relay the weather you must set your system up in strict accordance with our Getting Started Guide, don't skimp on the sharing and permissions on both server and client systems. Weather will only sync if you use OpusFSI Live Weather Engine, which provides the most detailed weather anyway. Our Live Traffic will show VATSIM traffic on the LWA Map, but Live Traffic has not been included as part of the Live View system as yet. So the traffic is not synchronised or commicated onto client systems as yet. But you can use WideTraffic for that if you wish.

Of course with you hybrid system you will not get any weather sync, nor will you get Live View to work. Live Camera and Live View is NOT compatible with EZCA. Nor will the ASN weather be relayed and synchronised on your clients, you need to use OpusFSI and its Live Camera, Live Camera Control, Live Weather, and Live View to achieve this. That's what OpusFSI does. Anything else will have to be sorted out piecemeal with other bits and bobs. Far less efficient and far more troublesome, and nothing we can provide assistance for.

You must also be very careful to not create any feedback loop between client and server system. Provided you avoid this and set your system up in accord with our GS Guide then the Live View will work just fine, without any weather sync though, you will need to use OpusFSI real world weather for that.

Stephen :-)

Stephen,

Thank you for your detailed response and apologies for incorrectly naming the product. 

Andrew.

No problem Andrew, good luck with your project no matter what products you use to achieve your aims.

Regards

Stephen :-)