Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

FS3Crew for PMDG DC-6B

Hi,

If there was ever a need for a virtual Crew, I would say the PMDG DC-6B would be absolutely necessary given the complexity of flying one of these beasts!

So here is an opportunity, Bryan?

Assuming there is an SDK, would you consider doing a FO and Flight Engineer?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

If there was ever a need for a virtual Crew, I would say the PMDG DC-6B would be absolutely necessary given the complexity of flying one of these beasts!

So here is an opportunity, Bryan?

Assuming there is an SDK, would you consider doing a FO and Flight Engineer?

I usually do all PMDG planes, but this one I'm not sure about.

My plate is so full with Ultimate Ground Crew X, NGX Reboot, 777 V1.5 and the upcoming 747s from PMDG and iFly.

Would love to see an fs2crew (or maybe fs3crew!) for the dc-6 when its released for fsx/p3d. This is my most anticipated aeroplane in a while and would love to see Bryan work his magic with this!

Gary Patterson.

I believe having FS2Crew Voice Command, will be a requirement for properly flying this DC6-B, unless PMDG is planning on making an addon similar to A2A's "Captain of the Ship".

I will second the motion. I too believe it would make flying this old girl very enjoyable.

If FS2crew won't be available for the  DC-6, a good warm up to flying this plane solo would be the Uiver DC-2 flying on Vatsim. And try not to use the GPS. I don't. The DC-2 doesn't have cowling flaps on the engines so over heating is constant concern when slowing for approach. Slower speeds/ less airflow=hotter engines. And they will shut down if they get too hot. Coupled with that, if you try and keep enough airspeed to keep the engines cool, and then lower your flaps beyond specified speeds, you'll blow out the hydraulics and have to re-pressurized the system manually while trying to follow Vatsim and configure the plane. But don't start slowing down too early ( to lower flaps) or your engines will overheat and shut down on approach. I can bring it down about 9/10 tries solo. But with much practice

I would much rather fly this way ( unrealistic or course) but it makes you think way ahead of time, constantly calculating and keeping you on your toes,  building an understanding of your AC and yourself. The DC-6 does have cowling flaps for cooling so some pressure will be off compared to the DC-2.  The Cal Classic FS9 DC-6 freeware is a great warmer up as well.

All this can be done. I don't use crew programs when flying the Coolsky DC-9 or any other complex, less automated AC, and get everything done just fine.  Try relying on yourself. You might miss an item on checks but it's a sim after all.

This works for me anyway. Everyone is different which is fine.

Cheers,

Brian

Bryan,

Now that the PMDG DC-6 is in Beta, have you given any more thought to doing an FS2Crew version for this plane?

I asked Kyle on the PMDG forum if they will, or will make an SDK available for this A/C.

Yes, I know your plate is full, but I had to ask.

Cheers,

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB