Sign in to follow this  
DMdoc

Do Mindstar products work with FSX Steam Edition

I had the misfortune of trying to install Reality XP version of the the Garmin 530 into my FSX-SE setup, and found it wouldn't work (Fortunately, I'll get my money back).

However, after that experience, I'd like to ask if the Mindstar G1000 and G530 products work in FSX-SE. 

Thanks in advance!

The short answer is yes... however, we've seen issues with regards to SimConnect in FSX:SE.

We're not clear as to whether FSX:SE is released with a new SimConnect version or what. So, yes it works and if you have issues with SimConnect... simply let us know and we'll get you beyond that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Gentlemen, hope you´re doing well...

Look I recentl purchased the Steam Edition of the FSX and I have been trying to use my MindStar GNS 530 with the Realair Duke as I was doing with the traditional FSX, the problem is when I try to install the GNS530 it shows me an error stating it was not able to find any eligible version of the FSX.

Could you please help me out with this?? I really miss my GSN530

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sir, it's me again, hahahaha, this time I have two little questions.

1) How many times can I re-activate my GNS430/530? I have been having some issues with the computer, now that I want to re-install the GPS, I receive a message stating I have exceeded the amount of licences I have and that I have to re-activate my licences.

2.This RealNav data, is it worldwide information? In other words, by purchasing the licence from RealNav Data, will I receive accurate information for places like Colombia, Venezuela, Perú and that kind of places or just for especific ones?

Best Regards.

You will have to contact via support email regarding your license.

RealNav data is world-wide, however only contains data that is from an aviation authority.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, thank you for the reply, I already fixed the License issue, now there is something I really don't like, I have purchased a few minutes ago the realnav data license for one year, I was testing it 5 minutes ago and I find there are quite a lot waypoints that are missing... Why is that? all of them in Colombia, South America, some of them are: ISOTO, ARMOL among others, so, what can I do to fix this? they were als missing before purchasing the realnav data update, I thought maybe by purchasing it I would be able to see them, however that is not the case.

Would really appreciate if you can help me out with this or maybe guide me on the right way to fix it, I will try to reinstall the realnav data cycle (1507), which is the one I received, and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards.

Ok... stop with the reinstall. That's just not going to 'fix' a database.

I have looked in the RealNav data and see these waypoints. How are you 'testing'? Are you certain you've downloaded the actual database file after purchase using NavUpdate?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, sir, I downloaded and executed the file the provided me with, updated the data base and I can see the new cycle in the GPS screen, there are no problems with that, the waypoint ISOTO does show up, but it appear to be located in Finland instead of Colombia, the SID ISOTO2B which ends in the waypoint ISOTO is also incorrect, I sent a e-mail to the RealNav Support with the description of the issue and some screenshots, I will see what I get from them.

Regards.

Here are the images I sent to the Realnav Support.

Actual ISOTO2B Departure...

X9oAzo.png

ISOTO2B Shown in the GPS, the white line goes on for ever...

d1Nquw.png

This SID should describe a DME Arc around BAQ VOR until intercepting BAQ Radial 171.

ISOTO Shown in skyvector, notice the coordinates shown here and the ones shown in the GPS in the next image, they are completely different.

IywONz.png

ISOTO Shown in the GPS, it appears to located in Finland, which is not correct, it is located in Colombia, South America.

O2Bxem.png

Hope you can better understand me after taking a look to the images.

Best Regards.

Ok, this is what I gopt from the RealNav Data Support.

"Hello Jorge,

We have had one of our analysts to examine the data and it appears that the information behind the scene is in place. This appears to be a GNS avionics issue. I'm sending over a support ticket. I know at the moment they have a backlog of requests, so I'm not sure how long this will take to get resolved."

Hopefully I can get some help from here so I can resolve the issue as soon as possible...  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Regards.

Yes... I'm the analyst.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Oh Ok, that gives me some relief than, Look just so you know, I was testing the GNS a few minutes a go and the ISOTO waypoint now appeared in Brazil, tried again after restarting the FSX and now it souwed up in Finland again, don't really understand what is going on, I am now removind everything (The GNS 430/530), even from the registry and am going to put it back again, don't know if that will help but will give it a try anyways.

Thank you so very much for you help sir.

Best Regards.

Stop doing the reinstall. I have already told you that won't fix a thing.

When you ask for assistance, you should actually listen to the assistance being provided.

The problem lies within the 430/530 code and will be corrected. There is nothing you can do. I can assure you that the physical waypoints are in the database and if you were to manually enter them into the 430 they would load... it is the loading of the departure procedure that is having problems in the code.

No amount of uninstall/reinstall/delete this/twist that is going to do a thing. It is now time for you to stop messing with things and give us time to correct the actual problem.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69