Sign in to follow this  
flesland

737NGX speed up and down at approach

Hey fellows I have a question for you!!...I have the PMDG 737NGX, running on FSX, 1,2 MB of Nvidia GTX470, 8 GB RAM, Intel I5, Windows 7 64 bits, and for weather I'm using Active Sky Next. Sometimes when I'm starting the final approach the speed increase and decrease constantly, this is very annoying because at final app it's supposed the speed must decrease, for instance yesterday I did a flight from Tromso to Vienna and the speed for final app couldn't decrease less than 240 kias, and the speed tape showed up decrease and increase, finally I got to turn over and try to decrease the speed leveled to 2500 ft. so I could finally land.

What happen?....maybe is the windshear effect ?..maybe a FSUIPC issue???...............In ASN options I have selected the option prevent changes of weather at approach.

please help..

Thanks in advance

------------------------

Nibaldo Soto A.

What happen?....maybe is the windshear effect ?..maybe a FSUIPC issue???...............In ASN options I have selected the option prevent changes of weather at approach.

Sounds like a weather issue and, to be honest, a few shortcomings in how to operate the aircraft.

Fly tutorials 1 and 2 with no weather to see how that works, and pick up aircraft knowledge in the process. From there, you should be set.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Scandinavian friend, but I think I know how to operate this plane, this issue happen sometimes, actually I come from flying from South America, good weather, so the approaches happened with no problems, I think this issue is related to bad weather, I mean windshear maybe !!!...

I'm going to check the option smooth winds in FSUIPC..

Thanks my friend !!

Nibaldo Soto A.

I think this issue is related to bad weather, I mean windshear maybe !!!...

Wind shear can cause changes in speed, but it wouldn't hold you up at 240 knots like you mentioned. To me, that's 100% operator error. I know that might not sound very nice, but it's the truth.

I'm going to check the option smooth winds in FSUIPC..

This could help avoid the weather issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep. Operator error. Theres no shame in admitting it! NGX energy needs constant management on descent, I know this, as you will soon learn. Hahaha

Enjoy the learning curve and remember, the speedbrakes are just there to annoy the passengers and make someone very rich. The landing gear on the other hand, they make great speedbrakes... go figure!  B)

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis