Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

PMDG NGX SP1D removes box around cockpit so shadows work.

Thanks for the heads up, Looks great in DX10 now

Hey guys!

1) OK how does you guys get it to work properly now with the boxes gone?

2) Do you see a performance hit?

Im getting shadows like I did before but they move with my eyepoint, which is odd

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sorry but not really experienced with this... What do you need to turn on the DX10 fixer, for this to work?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Sorry but not really experienced with this... What do you need to turn on the DX10 fixer, for this to work?

You just need to be running DX10 and add ForceVCShadowMap=1 to your FSX.cfg under the [Display] section

Thanks alot!!!

Any special settings in the DX10 Fixer Control Panel? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Wow very great news! If you have SteveFX installed is it sufficient to check the option or is mandatory run the toolbox to get shadows appear?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

No special setting in the DX10 Fixer other than what you normally have your shadows set to

No need to modify the VC model in DX toolbox

All need to do is add ForceVCShadowMap=1 to your FSX.cfg under the [Display] section.

The 600-700 with shadows is also available in your accounts now.

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I still am having problem with this. The shadows are moving with my eye point

what generation of shadows are u guys using? what settings in the DX10 Fixer is the FPS get lower with Shadows? 

Thanks!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sorry, what do you mean with this?

It means that new full installers for the 600-700 (as well as the 800-900) are available from your account at PMDG

If shadows are moving do you have EZDOK?

I have Ezdok (along with TrackIR) and the shadows are displaying correctly and do not move relative to my eyepoint, they only move relative to the aircraft.

It means that new full installers for the 600-700 (as well as the 800-900) are available from your account at PMDG

I have Ezdok (along with TrackIR) and the shadows are displaying correctly and do not move relative to my eyepoint, they only move relative to the aircraft.

Mine move with my eye point, do you get a FPS drop with Shadows on?

Ron Hamilton