Sign in to follow this  
Britfrog

sp1D doesnt install for me

well i went onto my account could find no trace of an update only what i thought wwas the original download so downloaded it anyway in the notes i saw it mentioned the new version so thought that this must be it , downloaded it fired up the exe told it to repair and very quickly it said that it had done its work.

fired up fsx no changes seen , looked in the start menu , no changes, looked in file mangler nothing with new dates , so how do i get SP1D please!!!!

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

Have you followed the pinned post on installing the update in the general forum? Some people have also had this issue. You have downloaded the correct installer.

Ok, I'm slightly confused.

On the PMDG web page it discusses downloading the SP1d for both the base package and the expansion

and just running them, but above it talking about uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  Can you please provide some simple instructions  for the instructionally challenged.

Also how do I update the 777 if I purchased a legal box version of the software and only purchased the expansion downloaded at the PMDG web page. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

v/r

Mike (Knight Shadow)

Ok, I'm slightly confused.

On the PMDG web page it discusses downloading the SP1d for both the base package and the expansion

and just running them, but above it talking about uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  Can you please provide some simple instructions  for the instructionally challenged.

Also how do I update the 777 if I purchased a legal box version of the software and only purchased the expansion downloaded at the PMDG web page. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

v/r

Mike (Knight Shadow)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463861-installing-fsx-and-fsxse-updates/

You can't update boxed versions, even if the expansion is through PMDG. You need to install the update for both base and expansion otherwise you'll have issues.