Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Downloading/Install Issues

Good Morning:

I am attempting to download the 737-600/700/800/900 from my previous orders in the PMDG website (where I made my original purchase).  However, upon attempt to install, I am receiving numerous errors.  Ranging from installer script messages to .RR files not matching .CAB files.

This is my first full install of the 737.

I'm running Steam, Windows 7 x64.  Able to install & run the 777 and other add-ons with no issues.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Good Morning:

I am attempting to download the 737-600/700/800/900 from my previous orders in the PMDG website (where I made my original purchase).  However, upon attempt to install, I am receiving numerous errors.  Ranging from installer script messages to .RR files not matching .CAB files.

This is my first full install of the 737.

I'm running Steam, Windows 7 x64.  Able to install & run the 777 and other add-ons with no issues.

Nameless,

I'm kinda confused here. You say "attempting to download" - does this mean you can't download the new version? Or have you actually downloaded it, but you're attempting to install it, and that's where the issue is? You also mention that this is your first full install of the 737, but you also have a previous order of it. If you'd purchased it before, I'm assuming you would've used it (installed it) between purchasing and now.

If you have successfully downloaded the products, are you running the installer as an admin?

Full names are required here. Please ensure that you do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, I am able to download but thinking the link from PMDG is corrupt since I am not even able to launch the installer w/ out a script error. 

This is my first install of the 737 after recently re-installing windows.  So basically a fresh install.

As mentioned, I am not having issues with the sim or other add-ons including the 777.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Full names are required here. Please ensure that you do so in the future.

It would be good if you could read the entire reply from kyle

Well, I am able to download but thinking the link from PMDG is corrupt since I am not even able to launch the installer w/ out a script error. 

This is my first install of the 737 after recently re-installing windows.  So basically a fresh install.

As mentioned, I am not having issues with the sim or other add-ons including the 777.

Gotcha - if the download is corrupted, my guess is that it's getting corrupted during the download process. There are many free utilities (like Free Download Manager) that can assist with downloads and ensure they're not corrupt.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the tip.  I used download manager first/by default.  When that download didn't work, I turned download manager off and used windows default.

I used both zipreader and windows default to unzip the download.

Aaron Ortega

How do you add a signature?  What information do you want?

I am still receiving an error message during download with download manager.

Aaron Ortega

You may want to check if your antivirus is effecting the download....... for example yesterday I was rei stalling an addon..... not pmdg in this case...... and the install failed and I found my antivirus had quarantined certain files being installed.

If your download is not working perhaps your antivirus is corrupting it.

If your download completed but is not installing, your antivirus may be quarantining some of the install files.

With the antivirus I am trialing I have to turn it off when installing addons as it keeps disrupting my install of that software.

Just remember to turn your antivirus back on when you have finished the install.

Roy

How do you add a signature?  What information do you want?

I am still receiving an error message during download with download manager.

Click on your username top right corner of this page..... click on settings.... then click on signature on left hand side of the next page and add your name to the signature box.

In that way your full name is automatically added every time you add a post here.

Roy

Roy Jordan

Is below sig. correct?

I have no antivirus software on this computer (shhh) & I am running as admin when attempting to install.

Aaron Ortega

Are the PMDG servers under heavy load at the moment? Been trying to download the update all afternoon, but can't get a speed above 35kb/s!

Cheers

Are the PMDG servers under heavy load at the moment? Been trying to download the update all afternoon, but can't get a speed above 35kb/s!

Cheers

PMDG hosts through Amazon so it's fairly doubtful that it's their servers that's the issue. Have you tried restarting the download or using a download manager?

PMDG hosts through Amazon so it's fairly doubtful that it's their servers that's the issue. Have you tried restarting the download or using a download manager?

Despite being the cloud, if the connection to the local AWS server is getting hammered, then it's possible. When I tried downloading the other day, I was getting a time of about 3 hours. It usually takes me about 5 min and the server is no more than 5 miles from me.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys, using a trial of internet download manager seems to have sped things up. Had no problems updating the 777 yesterday so it's weird how these things can vary!