Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

FSX Steam/ASN Simconnect problem

Hi everyone

I've just installed ASN and when I try to connect to Fsx Steam edition it errors saying I have to have SP1 and SP2 installed and also something about having simconnect installed

Surely the new Steam edition has SP1 and SP2 already included??

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Paul

I've just installed ASN and when I try to connect to Fsx Steam edition it errors saying I have to have SP1 and SP2 installed and also something about having simconnect installed

Surely the new Steam edition has SP1 and SP2 already included??

Hi, Paul,

No, the installers for several versions of simconnect are there but they are not installed.

Go to:

... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

You will see three folders.  In each one is a file called simconnect.msi .  Run all of them.  It is safe to install all of them and may avoid problems with other addons as well.  That will likely fix the problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike

Thank you very much indeed for the heads up on this issue

I will try what you have suggested later and let you know how I get on

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

If you still have problems with simconnect and ASN i can highly recommend you to contact Hifi-support and tell them about the problems you've got.

I also had big problems to get ASN started via simconnect and I would never have solved it without their help!!

It was so tricky and I would say a "tiny little" thing that prevented the whole thing to work....even the guys from Hifi didn't get it solved at the first time....we met several times via teamviewer and tried out many things and suggestions and at the end they found out what the problem was!

They will contact you and make a meeting via teamviewer...just perfect!

So good luck !

Hi Mike

I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU for what you suggested

It worked a treat

Cheers

Paul

Hi Mike

I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU for what you suggested

It worked a treat

Glad to be of help!

The Steam version really should automatically install all the versions of simconnect it comes with -- this isn't harmful AFAIK, and would save a lot of unnecessary aggravation.

People who already have the boxed version of FSX on the same computer usually won't notice a problem because if FSX is up to date, the required simconnects will already be installed and usable by Steam.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2