Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Are payware airport sceneries compatible with 2.5?

Before I go on a download rampage with all the payware/high quality freeware airports I have, are they gonna install into Prepar3d 2.5 seamlessly, or will updates be needed?

Specifically:

FSDT KLAX

Latin VFR KSAN, KMIA

Tropicalsim KDCA

Taxi2gate KMCO

KLGB, KONT

Sunskyjet KPHL

Thanks in advance

I've the following working on p3d 2.5 with latest hotfix.

FSDT KLAX - works

Tropicalsim KDCA - works

I can confirm that KSAN from Latin VFR is working with 2.5 and the latest hotfix (2.5.12.944).

Best
Frank

KMIA is working

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks for your feedback; will be helpful for others too. :smile:

Frank

You won't have any runway or approach lighting at KMCO but if you know how to open up the AFCAD file in ADE, I can give you all of the settings. I not only lined up the PAPI lights perfectly with the actual PAPI fixtures, but also cross-checked all of the approach lighting with airport charts...

Also, I can't speak to the LVFR airports you mentioned (I don't have them) but I do have 3 of their latest (TJSJ, MHRO and KSNA) and their custom night/approach lighting doesn't work in P3Dv2. I've had quite a back-and-forth with Ricardo (and have noticed other folks at their forum inquiring) but it hasn't been fixed yet.

KSAN (P3D version) from LatinVFR has fully working night lighting.

Cheers

Frank

You won't have any runway or approach lighting at KMCO but if you know how to open up the AFCAD file in ADE, I can give you all of the settings. I not only lined up the PAPI lights perfectly with the actual PAPI fixtures, but also cross-checked all of the approach lighting with airport charts...

Also, I can't speak to the LVFR airports you mentioned (I don't have them) but I do have 3 of their latest (TJSJ, MHRO and KSNA) and their custom night/approach lighting doesn't work in P3Dv2. I've had quite a back-and-forth with Ricardo (and have noticed other folks at their forum inquiring) but it hasn't been fixed yet.

My KMCO taxi2gate scenery works 100% normal in Prepar3d. Lights and all.

is there a wiki or anything that tracks stuff like this? It sure would be nice to have a "one stop shop" to see what is compatible.

Jon Skiffington

Great idea, but who would have the time to maintain it? With every new release / hotfix add-ons could fall off the plate. It would be an endless chase for completion.

When P3Dv2 was released there was a very helpful post here in the forum.

I still use it from time to time to look up compatibility.

Cheers

Frank

Great idea, but who would have the time to maintain it? With every new release / hotfix add-ons could fall off the plate. It would be an endless chase for completion.

When P3Dv2 was released there was a very helpful post here in the forum.

I still use it from time to time to look up compatibility.

Cheers

Frank

Presumably developers could add to it when the release new versions, as well as anyone from the Flightsim community who had information.

Jon Skiffington