Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Small aircraft taxi behaviour

Hi

An Using many orbx small airports and their free GA NA AI traffic addon with VoxATC. At almost every airport the AI aircraft moves around in a circle and completely not logical looking before starting taxi to the active runway. Once on the runway again this strange 360 degree turn happends a couple of times before lineing up with the runway and taking off.

First I thought it had someting to do with multiple afcads considering you get one afcad for each airport in a ftx specific area like PNW and then another one with each payware airport but I deleted the ftx PNW afcads for each airport where I have an ftx addon airport and still these odd movements after indexing voxatc. Anyone else with this problem. Could it be that the turn radius is set up wrong somehow for the AI aircraft and the aircraft have a hard time folliwing the taxi lines where there are sharp turns like when entering 90 degrees on to a runway?

Mike

Yes...It's my understanding that this might have to do with the layout of runway lines and distance to various connector points like the runway hold-short lines, although I've tried adjusting these in the airport editor and have seen no changes.  I've also had planes taxi out onto the active and just sit there.  I've given up on solving this - perhaps someone else has figured it out.  I just taxi around the 'drunk' pilots and continue with my flight - but it does detract from the realism.

I had this trouble with a couple of airports myself. Orbx airports, exactly. What i did to fix them was open up ADEX (Airport Design Editor) and basically started to re-do the whole taxiway paths and nodes. It was tedious job but it paid off. 

Thanks Raz2214, that's what I tried to do, but didn't have much luck - however all I did was move the existing points around a bit.  Perhaps I'll have to try redoing the whole think like you did.

This has nothing to do with VoxATC. Those aircraft are being controlled by the freeware Orbx GA AI files and VoxATC is not even aware of their existence ... unfortunately  :(

SkipperMac

Where on earth did you get that? It is not correct? Once you set AI traffic (GA and commercial) both to 0 within FSX or P3d and run the VoxATC indexer, VoxATC will pick up the traffic files in FSX\scenery\world\scenery and will be fully controlled by VoxATC.

Orbx has no freeware traffic program per se. It only provide airplanes and schedules that work when FSX or p3D traffic setting is set to more than 0%. All ran by FSX or P3d though

Mike