Sign in to follow this  
mwstevenson

TBF-TBM CTD in FS2004 Windows 7 Home Edit

I recently changed OSs from WXP to W7 due to security issues and Microsoft in its superior customer care shutting down support for what was an excellent OS, Windows XP.  At any rate, I installed Windows 7 and then started to rebuild four different versions of FS9 I use to fly in different time periods of aviation.  The MAAM-SIM TBF/TBM download goes into the 1903-1949 iteration of FS9.  I ran into an issue with the aircraft causing a CTD after about 10 or 12 minutes of flight.  MAAM-SIM was excellent about customer support and sent me a new copy of the R4D and TBF-TBM so I could do a clean install of both aircraft.  The TBF-TBM download has SP1 already in it according to the "read me" that came with the download.  I did my clean install and am still experiencing that same CTD issue.  TBF version in my download is version 3.1. 

BTW the R4D behaves in the same manner.  I have not reinstalled yet using the downloads MAAM-SIM very kindly sent me, I wanted to get this issue resolved as I believe the same fix will cure the R4D's problems as well.

I was reading one of their support forum postings and someone made the suggestion of moving the master inst panel from the "fsfsconv" folder to a purpose-made "panels" alias folder, that cleared up the issue for them.  I have done the same thing and this time when the CTD happened the display hung up for the longest time before it finally crashed - making me think I'm on the right track.  Before, the sim just abruptly shut down. 

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor 3.00 GHz

Installed memory:  4GB

AMD Radeon HD 6850 video card

64 bit OS

Samsung P&P monitor, 1920X1080

Does anyone have any ideas at all?