Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Fuerza, Tom!

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

We take so much for granted until news like this puts things in perspective. Enjoy your family and friends. Just know no matter how this turns out, you have left a mark on many people. You have a legacy with AVSIM. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Sad doesn't even come close to describe what we all feel right now, Tom.

Bruce

Hello Tom,

You don't know me but I have been using your amazing web site since the late 90's here in Adelaide, Australia.

I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a member of this amazing knowledge base where I have downloaded many files and read many topics to help me with my passion of flightsimming along the years.

I have a family member and close friend who are going through cancer at the moment and whilst I understand that there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, I trust that you will let god guide you in whatever flight-path he has you cleared for.

This is not the end but the beginning!

God bless you Tom.

Regards,

Rafael..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

Sorry to hear, enjoy every second you have left with family and friends, iliness like this just sad for anybody to endure even if we all have differences, we all shed tears hearing this even if did not know you personally.

Hey Tom, 

It's very sad to hear this, and I'm very sorry. I'm sure having this on your mind for some time, makes you see life in a different way. 

All of us have a limited time in this world, I hope you don't feel alone. We're all going where you're going, some sooner, some later. It should instead be a celebration of your life and your achievements. I think you've done a phenomenal job uniting the flight simulation community for so long. 

Congratulations on this and all your other achievements. We need more Toms in this world. 

All the best to you and God bless

I come to Avsim almost every day just to look around.  For me it's the best most put together website for flight simulation there is.  I've never spoken to you Tom but thank you for all you've done and the legacy you will leave behind in this website.  Cancer has taken my sister and touched my wife.  I know the devastation it brings.  Thank you for the courage you have shown in revealing your situation.  Godspeed!!

Tom, this is very sad news and I admire your courage!

Take care of yourself!

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I'm very sad to hear this... Thank you for all you've done to this hobby, without Avsim flight sim community wouldn't anywhere near where it is now. 

Tom, reading this made my heart sink to the floor. It’s difficult to find the words. You planted many thousands of seeds of passion, respect, and love through multiple generations of flight simmers. I cannot express enough how thankful I am for your contribution to the community, how much AVSIM means to me, or how painful it is to be reading this news right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.   

Prayers for you and your family.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

My thoughts too.  Very sorry to hear this awful news. 

John Hubbard

Supporter.png

John

Tom,

Being around this forum for a while I gained admiration to you as an individual and as a professional. I am sure your life will inspire many younger Avsim members that see you as a  model.

All the best in these difficult moments. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Edmundo Azevedo

This is shattering news. Avsim and your gentle behind-the-scenes leadership of the community have been a fixture in my life for more years than I can remember ... I wish you all the luck in the world.

Fond regards,

Sascha

Thank You for all you have done for our community and hobby.  God be with you and your family!!

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

This is such sad news.

You sir, have made such a huge difference to the lives of us ordinary simmers, to have the forethought to set up a site which is the number one goto resource for thousands of people to share ideas, news and enjoy their favorite hobby.

Avsim will go on forever, your legacy to us is huge. Thank You.

Best Wishes to you and you family.

Richard O