Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Servers, servers, servers....

2nd time in the past couple of years that I've tried to set up VATSIM through VSInn.  Even tried VPilot.  Very frustrating.  I can connect to VATSIM through FSInn (VATSIM turns steady green), enter my flightplan, etc. but when I go to "chat" and ask if there is "anybody home"... no response.  Have followed all instructions implicitly.  Got server IP through VATSpy. I may be  in my 60's but I still have one or two marbles rolling around and just can't figure this thing out.

Would appreciate any help with this rookie question.

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA, USA

Were you tuned to a frequency with other aircraft on it? (122.8 unicom for example)  Otherwise, the chat will broadcast on a frequency in which "nobody is home."  Try going online and finding ATC to test the chat and voice with.  Also, make sure that you turn on the mic and volume on the audio control panel for the 777.

Hope this helps,

Jeff,

When logging into VATSIM, you may or may not get another pilot to respond to your chat, and ATC may miss them from time to time as well.  But I do have a few things that will help you.

Check VATSPY (you can Google and install it) to see where there is ATC, and go to that airport.  After you log into VATSIM, tune to the ATC Frequency and call them voice.  You can also try them text.

Bare in mind that standard radio protocols are required, so "anyone home" may not be responded to or you might be reminded to use standard protocol.  It's recommended that you log into an active airport and listen to ATC communications to get the hang of it, and there is helpful information on the VATSIM website under Pilot Resources.

I hope this has been of use to you, and I look forward to seeing you on the network.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello,

If you do not have model matching set up properly you will get errors in the vPilot or FsINN client that the aircraft will be replace if you see that, means that you are connected and you can see other pilots, make sure your frequency is open and that you can Talk and receive from the aircraft.

Otherwise if you don't I suggest fresh install of both programs, that doesn't work then. Try to ask VATSIM support.

Kind regards,

Chriss