Sign in to follow this  
RonMadow

MegaScenery Earth - Chicago

Here's my situation. I'm using megescenery earth - Chicago, along with several states. The states work fine during both daytime and at night. The Chicago scenery - only at night - city lights are not "turned on." 

Basically, when I take off from O'Hare and head toward the city, most ground light is in the distance. There should be city/suburban lights everywhere. It's Chicago afterall. And just to prove it to myself, I deselected the addon scenery, and the lights were everywhere - as you would expect.

Now, with Megascenery turned on, as I approach an area that is lit up, before I get there, it goes dark. It looks ridiculous when you see a lit up building in the middle of pitch black. I've contacted MegaScenery 6 times and they have never responded.

So does anyone know how I can set it so the lights stay on?

- Ron

Same thing happens with Megascenery California North, Central, South.  Especially in Los Angeles.  I hope someone has a fix.  It looks like the default scenery with the lights is covered up with Megascenery.  As I fly by and look back I can see some of the tiles starting to light up behind me.  fisheye

Wait for Night Environment...They would this issue

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Fisheye - have you tried contacting them? Just curious what your experience has been. I can't believe they care so little about thier customers.

Fisheye - have you tried contacting them? Just curious what your experience has been. I can't believe they care so little about thier customers.

They are very quick to respond to sales issues - I got a reply in less than an hour when a coupon did not work and thus a sale was on the line. A product issue/support question? - I've never heard back on the two times I've contacted them. (As an aside, I recently bought MSE2 New York. a 'fix' was promised to be released 18 months ago to address an awful 'banding' inconsistency for Long Island. Never happened. I wouldn't recommend that scenery if they were giving it away!)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I have had an  experience with MSE2 Chicago somewhat similar to what Ron did.

I also experienced such blackout problems with one of the MSE2 eastern States. I think it was Virginia. At the time, I was experimenting and had bought the Taburet night lighting product for a few of those States and I wondered whether that problem was due to Taburet or MSE2.

On the PC Aviator Australia Community Forum, there is a MSE2 sub-forum where many of the MSE2 problems and queries get answered, mainly by Dean who is the manager of PC Aviator Australia. Have a look at it at: http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/forum/9-megasceneryearth-20-general-discussion/

I have some MSE2 States and Ultra Res Cities installed but I have given up buying them. In fact, on my shelf I have the disks for 11 Cities which I have never got around to installing.

As to the PC Aviator US store, I have not bought anything from there for about a year. I, too, have experienced communications problems with the US store.

If possible, I buy from the Australian store of PC Aviator which store is managed by Dean whose level of service (including after sales service), promptness and interest in the customer and the product I cannot fault.

My philosophy is that if you don't like the level of service you get from a retailer, buy elsewhere. I choose my retailer of choice on the type of attributes I mentioned above in relation to Dean, not merely on which retailer may have the cheapest price.

Gary