Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

World Airways Gets Their First B777F

No worries tri-holer fans as World's MD-11F fleet will not be retired.  As a matter of fact I saw a few of them yesterday while departing Charleston AFB, South Carolina as evidenced here:

w1_zpshjlubfp0.jpg

The 777 freighter crew had her at Ayers Rock this morning for flight testing and to make sure the paint is drying properly :lol:

w2_zps2tbhvkec.jpg

w3_zpsfhojrivh.jpg

w4_zpshqrclwp0.jpg

w5_zpshpqtaf5h.jpg

w6_zps61t0ypfe.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Great shots Chris!

Oh yeah..the paint is surely going to dry out there!  :Big Grin:

Before she completely dries, let me know if I need to tweak anything, does the globe look ok on the tail?  Is the World text the right size for the big 777? etc.

Also, on the her sister ship with the blue tail that's in the paint shop....do you want the blue fuse part with the red stripe or just the blue tail and white fuse?  And give me an N number for her sis' as well.  :wink:

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Oh yeah..the paint is surely going to dry out there!

Currently in the mid 80s "here" in Ayers Rock with a forecasted high of 100 so it will definitely dry :lol:

The globe looks great on the tail as I'm comparing it to a World 747 pic.  I would slightly increase the "World" font on the fuselage.  The "Cargo" font on the tail looks good in comparison to the size of the globe on the tail...that's just my 2 cents B)

For the sister, I love red so I'll will vote for the red stripe.  Red just looks killer cool on airplanes (well on just about everything for that matter!)  For the reg number perhaps N390WA

Chris Sunseri

Currently in the mid 80s "here" in Ayers Rock with a forecasted high of 100 so it will definitely dry :lol:

The globe looks great on the tail as I'm comparing it to a World 747 pic.  I would slightly increase the "World" font on the fuselage.  The "Cargo" font on the tail looks good in comparison to the size of the globe on the tail...that's just my 2 cents B)

For the sister, I love red so I'll will vote for the red stripe.  Red just looks killer cool on airplanes (well on just about everything for that matter!)  For the reg number perhaps N390WA

Wilco.  I'll make the updates and send her back for final review.  The red striped version may take a bit as I have to deal with the transition on the lower fuse. :Black Eye:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

The red striped version may take a bit as I have to deal with the transition on the lower fuse.

No prob Steve....spring break is here and all pilots must take a break every now and then :lol:

Chris Sunseri

The World Cargo livery suits the 777F - stunning shots and great scenery love Ayers Rock pics...looks like a nice airport to fly to:)  

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Superb!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hope to see you flying her soon Imran

Might take you up on that offer

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Spectacular color!

HLJAMES

Wilco.  I'll make the updates and send her back for final review.  The red striped version may take a bit as I have to deal with the transition on the lower fuse. :Black Eye:  

Hey there Steve. I'm from the FAA and I'm gonna need a copy of your World Airways plane for, uhhh... inspection?

P.S. It's been a while, hasn't it! Therefore, if you have any other planes in need of one of those inspections, I really would require those ASAP. (And we both know what happens if you don't comply...  :Money Eyes: )

Hey there Steve. I'm from the FAA and I'm gonna need a copy of your World Airways plane for, uhhh... inspection?

P.S. It's been a while, hasn't it! Therefore, if you have any other planes in need of one of those inspections, I really would require those ASAP. (And we both know what happens if you don't comply...   )

I sent a copy to the director of the FAA...he should route it to you asap.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg