Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

anyone try a 3 TV setup VS 3 monitor?

32" led TV's are readily available for $200-$300 these days and with a removed bezel next to each other they look like a good option.

Would there be a reason why it would be better to use more expensive monitors instead?

just make sure they are 1080 not 720 and have a 60 hz refresh rate. 32in tvs for $200-$300 probably won't be and it won't look nearly as nice.

2015-03-24%2013.46.42.jpg

Why not?

TVs have some advantages:

1. Price to size ratio.

2. Wide rage of refresh rates - 30/50/60 - allows you to get stutter free setup with VSync on.

3. Picture controls in TV - gives you flexible control and tuning on your taste (i.e. no HDR required with TV's Dynamic Contrast)

Picture quality is more than enough for simming and other gaming. Not enough for photo editing though.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

2015-03-24%2013.46.42.jpg

Why not?

TVs have some advantages:

1. Price to size ratio.

2. Wide rage of refresh rates - 30/50/60 - allows you to get stutter free setup with VSync on.

3. Picture controls in TV - gives you flexible control and tuning on your taste (i.e. no HDR required with TV's Dynamic Contrast)

Picture quality is more than enough for simming and other gaming. Not enough for photo editing though.

Thanks for sharing. Care to explain the dynamic contrast? I use a 40" Samsung 1080p 60hz led right now, with HDR on in Prepar3d, thinking about expanding.

What is your graphic card setup for that?

Not sure about Samsung, mine are LGs - those have Dynamic Contrast and Dynamic Color functions. Samsung can use other names for that.

My system is i3770k@4400 + GTX780, overall resolution set 720 + 1920 + 720 x 1280.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

That skills for sharing. In looking into 3 32" thin bezel 1070p 60hz led TV's, and will upgrade my 2gb gtx770 to a 4gb 970.