Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Taff Plays - World of Subways 4 - First Impressions

Just out.

I liked the original world of trains NY routes, so this one looks interesting. I have not seen all the thing yet, so apologies if he becomes a cussin' fool somewhere much later in the video.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just out.

I liked the original world of trains NY routes, so this one looks interesting. I have not seen all the thing yet, so apologies if he becomes a cussin' fool somewhere much later in the video.

Just watched a video of this, which rally shows the lack of research they actually did for the simulation. One they didn't model the correct train for this route and time period. The ones used on the 7 line were the R33 or R36 built specifically for the NY World's Fair which was in Flushing. The train modeled here looks to be a R26, more commonly used of the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines. The doors didn't have closing Chimes on these older trains, they didn't come until the IND/BMT divisions R44. While the exterior and cab looks pretty good, the rest of interior does not. The most egregious error is the one demonstrated in this video. Sun rising in the NorthWest?  I will say the exterior scenery is very well done for this area, except for the color of the trestles. While most NYC elevator lines were this color, The trestles for the 7 line, at least during this period were painted sort of a light aqua green, matching the WF paint scheme used on the trains up til the mid to late 80s when they started repainting them in the Redbird scheme. For the delays in the release of this long awaited sim, these errors show a lack of quality control. I can get around the wrong train model (At least that is a IRT train) the door chimes, and even the interior. But the sun rising in the West?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I love Taff, he's hilarious! .... was laughing out loud at the beginning with the Shift Supervisor :smile:

Partial to the odd play on a train sim so will probably pick this up. Couldn't get hte London Underground version working, and got a refund from Aerosoft.

Just watched a video of this, which rally shows the lack of research they actually did for the simulation. One they didn't model the correct train for this route and time period. The ones used on the 7 line were the R33 or R36 built specifically for the NY World's Fair which was in Flushing. The train modeled here looks to be a R26, more commonly used of the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines. The doors didn't have closing Chimes on these older trains, they didn't come until the IND/BMT divisions R44. While the exterior and cab looks pretty good, the rest of interior does not. The most egregious error is the one demonstrated in this video. Sun rising in the NorthWest? I will say the exterior scenery is very well done for this area, except for the color of the trestles. While most NYC elevator lines were this color, The trestles for the 7 line, at least during this period were painted sort of a light aqua green, matching the WF paint scheme used on the trains up til the mid to late 80s when they started repainting them in the Redbird scheme. For the delays in the release of this long awaited sim, these errors show a lack of quality control. I can get around the wrong train model (At least that is a IRT train) the door chimes, and even the interior. But the sun rising in the West?

True statement but this is the best NYCTA Simulation we have ever seen.

I wondered about the door chimes..........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

True statement but this is the best NYCTA Simulation we have ever seen.

Outside scenery wise, absolutely, but from Train model quality, physics and procedural accuracy, I prefer OpenBve, and it has the benefits of being free. Here is a R46 running on the IND D Line. Note the stutters are from the video production, it runs smoothly normally. Note the signalling at th 167th St and 161t street stations (and other areas of the route) These are called timed signals and are completely prototypical to the route. There purpose is to prevent trains from speeding. If you are below the speed limit the signal will change to either yellow or green before you reach it, If you are speeding the signal will remain Red. These type of signals are also on the 7 line, but are not modeled on WOS 4. Not to mention OpenBVE is user expandable like FS, WOS series are not.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

These type of signals are also on the 7 line, but are not modeled on WOS 4.

When were these signals introduced, as I know WOS is modeling an earlier time.

Devons rig

When were these signals introduced, as I know WOS is modeling an earlier time.

I was riding these train back in the 70's and they were there then! Edit: I was just reading from nycsubway.org (A sort of historical site r the NYC subways., and there is a statement that they were implemented on all divisions in the 60's.

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_Signals:_Time_Signals

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Outside scenery wise, absolutely, but from Train model quality, physics and procedural accuracy, I prefer OpenBve, and it has the benefits of being free. Here is a R46 running on the IND D Line. Note the stutters are from the video production, it runs smoothly normally. Note the signalling at th 167th St and 161t street stations (and other areas of the route) These are called timed signals and are completely prototypical to the route. There purpose is to prevent trains from speeding. If you are below the speed limit the signal will change to either yellow or green before you reach it, If you are speeding the signal will remain Red. These type of signals are also on the 7 line, but are not modeled on WOS 4. Not to mention OpenBVE is user expandable like FS, WOS series are not.

I totally forgot about OpenBVE and the BVStation forum. Really appreciate the work of others with their created route but im still waiting for years for the #2 line extension to the Bronx. My best long route by far is the A line (207 to Lefferts).

Point taken on your opinion WOS#4.

Thank you.

I totally forgot about OpenBVE and the BVStation forum. Really appreciate the work of others with their created route but im still waiting for years for the #2 line extension to the Bronx. My best long route by far is the A line (207 to Lefferts).

Point taken on your opinion WOS#4.

Thank you.

Are you aware of the 1 and 2 Beta from OpenBve connect? It takes the 2 up to 215st on the 1 line, and the 1 up to 242st. There is also an A train run from 207th to Howard Beach!

http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;sa=view;down=77

http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;sa=view;down=64

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Are you aware of the 1 and 2 Beta from OpenBve connect? It takes the 2 up to 215st on the 1 line, and the 1 up to 242st. There is also an A train run from 207th to Howard Beach!

http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;sa=view;down=77

http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;sa=view;down=64

Whaaaaaaaat?

Your a Godsend. Thank again for the info Captain :~}

Does anyone have a link to a YouHooTube video of paint drying? It may be marginally more entertaining than subway sims.

Sorry, but this is as exciting as helping er, watching Otto fly a tube-liner. :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does anyone have a link to a YouHooTube video of paint drying? It may be marginally more entertaining than subway sims.

Sorry, but this is as exciting as helping er, watching Otto fly a tube-liner. :LMAO:

Yup. And of course, a lot of people feel that way about Flight Sims. Just goes to show, it takes all types to make a world!  :lol:

Actually, I suspect in their heart of hearts, flight simmers think its a bit boring too. I've often wondered if maybe thats why people are always on the lookout for a new scenery or plane or airport. Something new to keep the interest going.

With subway fans, I guess the equivalent would be new trains and routes.

In the case of world of Subways, I think they recognize that explicitly by throwing in some action scenarios like fires and stuff to keep things interesting.

Devons rig

But it is a step above Goat Simulator: