Sign in to follow this  
Mazz4200

Demo problems

Hello, hope you can help.

I downloaded the demo at the weekend to test it in Xplane10 on a client machine over a network. It did work up to a point, but i was having a couple of issues with it that made it unusable (namely, it was completely oblivious to all Ai traffic, and Ground services at my departure airports were the only services that would speak to me) So, i thought i'd try it on my (much more powerful) server pc.

However, it wont let me start/continue the trial. Upon start-up it gives me the error "Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. Please purchase a license"

I uninstalled and re-downloaded the trial and upgrade package, but with the same result.

I'm certain this isnt a hardware issue, so any help to sort this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Mazz.

As you probably know, Pilot2ATC is supposed to run on the same PC as X-Plane rather than over a network.  Some people have been able to get it to work for them using WideFS in combination with FSUIPC or XPUIPC, but it is not supported. 

I am not aware of any situations where you would get an error message that warns of insufficient memory and also suggests you purchase a license.  However, if you have less than 8GB of memory, some airplanes in X-Plane can use most of  that and not leave enough for Pilot2AtC. 

The startup error suggesting you purchase a license could be due to trying to install the trial software more than once on a single PC.  On  the blue registration screen you should see a HardwareID toward the bottom of the screen.  Press the copy button to get it onto the windows clipboard and then send to me in an email so I can fix the license registration server to let you install it again.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded both trail versions onto the server pc, but installed it on the client first. When installing it on the server the "hardware ID box" is blank, no number shown.

It's getting late here now, but I can check the ID on the client tomorrow and email it to you.

Incidentally, both machines have 8gb's of ram. But as i said previously, the server (pc) is a much more powerful and newer machine than the client (laptop). And the client was running Xplane and Pilot2ATC well-ish with wideclient and XPUIPC, so I can't imagine it's a hardware issue with the server.

Thanks again, and I'll get that info to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi Mazz.

If the hardwareID does not show up, you can send me the Settings.xml file that has that info in it as well.

The file is located at c:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Pilot2ATC/Settings/Settings/xml.

<username> is your PC user name.

The AppData folder is not visible by default, so you may need to make files in the <UserName> directory visible by using the View menu in explorer.

Dave

Having several issues with the demo in P3d v3. 1. Refers to West Bend Municipal as Wesaint Bend Municipal (Airport is my home airport in real life in West Bend Wisconsin). Unable to open my flight plan by contacting FSS (it did give me local weather information, which I did not request). 3. Flew to Dane County Regional (Madison, WI). Contacted Approach on 120.1. Was informed, Madison Approach is on 120.1. Double checked 120.1 was active. I also made it back up frequency just in case. I continued to receive the same message. Same thing happened when I tuned to Madison Tower 119.3. After landing and exiting the runway I attempted to contact ground with no response. It seems to be connecting to the sim, but overall a less than satisfying experience.

Mad_Mac, I agree that you've had a poor experience with V1.  All the issues you've mentioned are addressed in V2, along with many other shortcomings of V1.

Once V2 exits Beta, it will be available on a trial and you can try it before you buy.  I think you'll find the experience a whole lot more to your liking.  Even the name of your home airport should be correct.  And if not, it will be corrected.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will wait for the release of v2. This is quite an ambitious project. I'm primarily interested in the interactive voice capability, as I have found a way to connect Foreflight directly to the sim to address navigation and other issues. Will there be a way to automatically load the current flight plan from the simulator into pilot2ATC?

Actually you can do that in V1 as well.  Just import the .fms file (X-Plane) or .pln file (P3D/FSX).

Quick question Dave does the plan have to be imported to P3D for the atc to work properly - thank you

This may be my answer

The only time you need the route into the sim when using any ATC program is for a weather program to pick up on the ROUTE, that's all.

Rich Sennett

Mac,

I was struggling with the demo in X-plane. 

Dave's support was phenomenal and he was beyond patient with my questions. With his help I got the demo working well enough to feel comfortable purchasing it.

Once purchased I had access to V2 and Dave gave me a license for it immediately.

V2 is a completely different experience. Communicating with ATC is so much easier.   If you like anything about the demo, you'll love V2.

Thanks again to Dave for the awesome support!

Sluggo, thanks for the kind words. :smile:

Richard, no you don't have to import the FP into P3D.  P2A's ATC operates off the "Filed" flight plan in P2A.  However, if you don't file it, like in the real world, ATC won't know about it.  Also, if you change it after filing and don't refile, ATC will be using  the old flavor of the plan, just like in the real world.

Also, if you get clearance from ATC direct to a fix or start getting vectors to an approach, ATC will be following a plan that does not match the one you see on the map. 

After I get the update out this week, in the latter case, you can press the Appr button to the right of the map and see the vectored approach path.

Dave

Sluggo, thanks for the kind words. :smile:

Super thnak you Dave  :wink:

Rich Sennett