Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

FlightSim Manager FSM 2.8.5

Hi

Installed version 2.8.5 and used the startFSM.bat to change date and I get the following error:

[Window Title]
FlightSimManagerBot

[Main Instruction]
FlightSimManagerBot has stopped working

[Content]
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

Any idea?

Is this because of windows 7?

Thanks

Ghiom

Now that is a blast from the past, I had totally forgotten about Flightsim Manager.

Rana hussain just disappeared from the flightsim scene, I wonder what he is up to these days?

Have a look at Simstarter http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

It may be safer than using FSM as it is probably not all that stable these days.

Now that is a blast from the past, I had totally forgotten about Flightsim Manager.

Rana hussain just disappeared from the flightsim scene, I wonder what he is up to these days?

Have a look at Simstarter http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

It may be safer than using FSM as it is probably not all that stable these days.

`1.  Does not offer same functionality of FSM

2.  This is the FS2004 Forum ...... wanna guess what Simstarter is designed for?

3.  Another attack from the "dark side"

spelled with an "E"

2. This is the FS2004 Forum ...... wanna guess what Simstarter is designed for?

1 . That's what happens when I post from the new forum posts screen, did not realise what forum I was in, LOL

2. Are you FS9'ers always this grumpy ? maybe you ought to venture out a bit more, get some fresh air and all that, I was only trying to help but I will leave you guys to it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Are you FS9'ers always this grumpy ?

As a matter of fact, yes. The daily stream of trolls didn't really start to let up until about a year or so ago...

Not that you are a troll. But there was (and still is) a population of trolls who think it is appropriate to insult and malign FS9 users.

FSM is out of date and has expired - that's the way he wrote it.  You might look around for a 'modified' version that was in various file libraries for a while.

DJ

FSM is out of date and has expired - that's the way he wrote it.  You might look around for a 'modified' version that was in various file libraries for a while.

Thanks

I actually tried both the patches to overcome the expiration issue.

First the process that changes the date, second the patched exe and dll.

Both with the same Windows-type error.

I have used FSM in the past with the date-change trick and it worked flawlessly. But it could have been on XP, not 7. This I don't remember.

Anyway, I wanted FSM to be able to look for misplaced landclass files.

Is there any other tool that does that? For FS9?

Thanks

Ghiom

Is this because of windows 7?

It may be, because of its built in 'security'. Do have all of the necessary permissions stuff changed to allow it to run and did you install it under administrator permissions? Next cause might be your anti virus, thinking FSM is a virus? Lastly you might try looking to see if you may need to run it in compatibility mode? I still use FSM on occasion (on XP) for the same reason you want and also to check / repair the scenery configuration file. As you read I don't have W7 so my above ideas are only speculation - I hope it helps anyway.

Are you FS9'ers always this grumpy ?

Rest assured, we are usually far worse.  :Big Grin:

Regards to all,

For W7:

Put the bat file in the same folder as FSM.

Setup a shortcut to the .bat file. Right click on the shortcut. Select properties. In this first window click on run as admin. Click advanced. Click on run as admin here as well (It's a different use.). Click OK to return to the first window. Click Apply to save both settings, the OK to exit properties. Both of these permissions are necessary to change the system time and to execute another app especially when the app is in either program files folder hierarchy.

On the FSM exe file right click on it for properties and set run as admin there as well in the first and second property windows.

Let us know how that works for you.

There's a bit of software (freeware) I use (in Win7 x64) called 'runasdate' - I suppose Googling will locate it. This will execute specific exe files as if from a date you specify; so the FSM exe file can be made to run without changing the system time globally. I think the programme comes with full documentation - I haven't used it for some time.

You can also create a shortcut to the exe file using runasdate which will automatically run FSD (or any other programme of course) at the date you selected every time you click on it.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Have you seen this thread?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/227447-flight-sim-manager-now-without-date-lock/

That was back when I had XP. There were some language issues reported when using a non-English OS, but Vista and 7 (and I hope 8/8.1) are immune to this problem. No batch files, no data changing, nada. Just use it as if nothing happened. Just look for fsmgr.zip at Flightsim.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

For W7:

Put the bat file in the same folder as FSM.

Setup a shortcut to the .bat file. Right click on the shortcut. Select properties. In this first window click on run as admin. Click advanced. Click on run as admin here as well (It's a different use.). Click OK to return to the first window. Click Apply to save both settings, the OK to exit properties. Both of these permissions are necessary to change the system time and to execute another app especially when the app is in either program files folder hierarchy.

On the FSM exe file right click on it for properties and set run as admin there as well in the first and second property windows.

Let us know how that works for you.

Thanks but no.

I get the same error message as shown on the 1st post ;(

Have you seen this thread?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/227447-flight-sim-manager-now-without-date-lock/

That was back when I had XP. There were some language issues reported when using a non-English OS, but Vista and 7 (and I hope 8/8.1) are immune to this problem. No batch files, no data changing, nada. Just use it as if nothing happened. Just look for fsmgr.zip at Flightsim.

Thanks but the use of fsmgr.zip (overirde exe and dll) does not work as well. same error message...

has someone got it to work under Win 7 64 bits english?

Thanks

Ghiom

Thanks but the use of fsmgr.zip (overirde exe and dll) does not work as well. same error message...
has someone got it to work under Win 7 64 bits english?

Me. How? Make sure you've installed FS Manager in this path:

C:\Program Files\RanaInside\FlightSimManager

Make sure is Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Then (and only then) install the patch to that folder. And finally, redirect all shortcuts so that they link to FSMGR.exe instead of FlightSimManager.exe. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Me. How? Make sure you've installed FS Manager in this path:

C:\Program Files\RanaInside\FlightSimManager

Make sure is Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Then (and only then) install the patch to that folder. And finally, redirect all shortcuts so that they link to FSMGR.exe instead of FlightSimManager.exe. Hope this helps.

Thanks but no success for me!

Same message as above.

I don't understand...