Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

T/D to late in route

Hello,

i updated the PMDG to SP1D and all of my routes i My T/D is to late into my arrival. Now i dont know if it has something to do with the Betas for ASN or if its the PMDG its self. I have updated Airacs and also have Jeppessen charts and i always have to calculate where i have to begin my descent. Now before anyone asks me if i entered in the route right the answer is yes. heres the route i recently flew:

IND-DEN

route:ROCKY8 SPI IRK HSI KOHOE3

now it had my T/D at KOHEO then my next alt is 17000 according to the Jeppesen charts, I knew that wasn't right so i calculated where my T/D should be. and i came in nicely.

is there a fix?

is there a fix?

Never quite understood why people always request a "fix" before fully eliminating other possibilities...

Hasn't been an issue for me, and I've flown the NGX into and out of DCA, LGA, and BOS the past few days alone and it's been on point. My bet is user error, or not fully understanding the STAR, honestly. The STARs into DEN are set up to allow for ease of use for all approaches. So, if you're landing south, then yes, you're going to be a little high if you're just following the VNAV path (which the FMC is calculating based on the assumption that you're going to fly the STAR all the way through). Same could be said for the BARIN into IAD, or the CLIPR into DCA (though that one actually requires a manual entry over BAL, as is assigned by Wash Center).

Have you flown this online? Perhaps flying it on VATSIM would help you understand how the STAR fits into the big picture.

Kyle Rodgers

i usually always fly on Vatsim. Like i said this started happening after i update the PMDG to SP1D. i had no problems with SP1C

i usually always fly on Vatsim. Like i said this started happening after i update the PMDG to SP1D. i had no problems with SP1C

And like I said earlier, this isn't a problem. I'm 99% sure of it. Is it getting high on the VERT PATH? Are you sure you're retarding the throttles? Did you roll the MCP alt down?

It's not an issue on my install, and I've tested it on SP1d with current navdata and ASN in both FSX and P3D. No issues.

Kyle Rodgers

do you have the Beta for ASN?

No, but I can't think of a reason that it would cause this behavior.

Kyle Rodgers

ill uninstall ASN and reinstall ASn and SP1 and see if it fixes the problem and if it does then its just SP2

fixed the problem it was the SP2 beta for ASN. Ill report it to them.

Weird. Thanks for the effort in checking!

Kyle Rodgers

no problem. Once i uninstalled ASN and reinstalled it with SP1 the NGX actually calculated my T/D normally. 

I've been using the latest ASN betas with the NGX without issue. Thus, I'm not sure the ASN beta is the sole source of this problem.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png