Sign in to follow this  
Mumrik

FSX crashes when selecting serten PMDG aircrafts

Hi guys, new with posting here at the forum,

Have problems with some PMDG products.

I have the 737-800/900 NGX, B747-400X, B747-8X, MD-11X and Jetstream 4100 installed to my computer. They are all fantastic to fly, but recently when I bought a new computer with windows 8.1 and install FSX only the 737NGX works. When selecting any of the other aircrafts, FSX immediately crashes. Don't know what I should do, only get a warning when starting FSX that there is a problem with a PMDG DLL file.

Had hoped that someone here may have a solution to this problem?

Have also heard that disabling the DEP file might solve the problem, just haven't tried this since I don't know if this affects anything else in the computer then FSX?

Please, can someone help,

Do you have a flight yoke?  If so make sure all the lever (throttle, etc) are at 0 when you load the PMDG aircraft.

Thanks for the suggestion Forkboy 2, but sadly it is still crashing.

Hi Alex, 

maybe this article from PMDG can be of help.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx

Good luck,

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi Alex, 

maybe this article from PMDG can be of help.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx

Good luck,

Bernd

Thanks bernd1151, but FSX is still crashing when selecting the specified aircrafts. I start to suspect that this problem is caused by Windows 8.1, every thing worked fine before updating my computer from 8 to 8.1. I have thought about going back to 8, but that would mean that I would have to reinstall everything that has with FSX to do, and I really don't feel like doing that since that would shorlie take a few days.

Hello Alex.

The first step would be to download the AVSIM CTD Guide and use the information contained in the Guide to identify which module is crashing FSX.  Post the results in this thread, and someone will likely be able to give you some ideas on how to resolve this.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.