Sign in to follow this  
ActiveSky

Secure or unsecure flight deck door from the cockpit

Hello everybody

Is it possible for the 777, to ensure the flight deck door from the cockpit with a switch.

Is that in the 777 simulated?

Otherwise, I can use all switches in the cockpit.

Thanks for the info

regards

Sebastian

No, this is not simulated, for obvious reasons, I would think.

There's more to the system than wat is available in the public domain, hence why it's not simulated.

There's more to the system than wat is available in the public domain, hence why it's not simulated.
Sadly after what has just happened, the general public seem to now know more about this procedure than we do.

Apart from safety reasons...what's the purpose for having a simulated 777 cockpit-door in the sim?

Some people also want to see the toilets flush... <_<

To be fair, the 747v1 had/has the flight deck door lock button. Obviously it has no functionality (to the extent any button in a simulation has 'functionality') but actuating it just becomes part of the preflight/shutdown procedure. It's just another button to be checked and actuated if necessary when one gets to the point on the checklist which states FLIGHT DECK DOOR.........LOCKED.

Having said that, I would suggest that given recent events the question is perhaps somewhat insensitive.

No, this is not simulated, for obvious reasons, I would think.

Smoke and mirrors. You could simulate a door locking system based on publicly known information which would not compromise security. One good reason it's not simulated is it has no function in the sim. The cockpit door doesn't open. Having an opening door would mean more animations and more polygons.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Smoke and mirrors.

Not necessarily. There's still a few "tricks" about the way the system works, which Airbus (and Boeing) has cleverly kept out of the public domain... So far.

Of course, I'd guess the major reason these days, is the fact that the add-on in itself consumes enough VAS as it stands, without having to model a rather detailed virtual cabin behind the cockpit. By not having a functional door, they don't need to model it.

Sure, a simplified model exists within the external model, but that won't have an influence on the VAS used when inside the VC.

Not necessarily. There's still a few "tricks" about the way the system works, which Airbus (and Boeing) has cleverly kept out of the public domain

I don't doubt that. I meant that the lack of complete information was not really a good reason not to add a simulation of the door.

ki9cAAb.jpg