Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

How effective are Trackirs ?

I have a 27 " screen and was wondering how effective would a Trackir be with just one screen ?

Very effective! I don't have TrackIR but use FaceTrackNoIR with an LED clip which works identically (and is free!) and it works perfectly with one screen. I wouldn't use FSX without it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have become so accustomed to TrackIR I can't fly with out it now. I have a 29" 21:9 monitor and its great. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I have become so accustomed to TrackIR I can't fly with out it now

Ditto.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The alternative to TIR would be a multi-monitor setup.

But even then you would not be able to quickly look behind or above with the ease you can with a head tracker.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

...can take some people a few days to a week to get used to it at first

and set it up to your liking but after that it is fantastic...

I never fly without it... that's like having forward looking tunnel vision.

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

For me it is absolutely essential. Right up there with a registered version of FSUIPC4.

Without those two 'utilities', I would not be flying FSX or P3D !

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Could not, and would not do this hobby at all now, without TrackIR.

and that's been the case for a long time.

Same here, I would not continue with this hobby without TrackIR.

Gamechanger, I am now on my third unit and each one is better than the last.

Is there a hit in performance?

Can't speak for TrackIR but FaceTrackNoIR with an LED clip has no noticeable hit on my very modest/old system (i7-920 OC'd to 3.6 GHz, 6Gb RAM, GTX 275!) using DX10.

I tired using it and it just feels too weird to me.  I don't like the sensation of having to turn my head but my eyes are always fixed straight ahead.   I went the other way... I just bought 3 24" wide screen and went into surround mode for true head turning action.   XD

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy