Sign in to follow this  
fantasma

level D for fsx, windows 7, 64 bit

Evening gang,

Is this add on compatible with windows 7, 64 bit?  Does it work well?  Any anticipated bugs?  Have the fs9 version, a real dream.  Thinking  of getting the FSX model.

Works fine!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Guest Mik75

I really like this aircraft, but on my system (OS is Win 7 64bit), it didn't work well. My whole FSX was unstable, I got CTDs and the fsx.exe wouldn't close after shutting down FS, and it took me quite long to find out, that the LVLD.dll has been the cause for this. After removing it, all these problems were gone.

One thing that helped me deal with the .dll crashes was to edit (carefully!) the dll.xml file to place the LVLD.dll  third after the FSUIPC and FS Dreamteam's Addon Manager .dlls, if you have those in the dll.xml file at all. Loading the LVLD.dll early in the FSX launch process seems to alleviate crashes for me.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest Mik75

One thing that helped me deal with the .dll crashes was to edit (carefully!) the dll.xml file to place the LVLD.dll third after the FSUIPC and FS Dreamteam's Addon Manager .dlls, if you have those in the dll.xml file at all. Loading the LVLD.dll early in the FSX launch process seems to alleviate crashes for me.

Never tried that, but when I finally found out that the Level D dll caused all these problems, I directly uninstalled it, it just drove me mad, you know? ;-)

I have the addon manager and FSUIPC in the dll.xml and later, 2 other addons caused serious problems (stability, CTDs, app hang, FSX not shutting down correctly, and all that fun stuff) as well: the QW 757 and FSLabs Concorde X. I surely could have sorted things out somehow, but all this searching for the culript, trying different things, etc., took away almost all the fun of flying! Now, my FSX is super stable, no matter how much is going on (scenery, complex add ons, many simconnect connections...), and the fun of flying is back! ;-) Too much tweaking is simply not for me!