Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Spurious characters, what am I doing wrong?

Latest LINDA and NGX modules.... but I still get these spurious characters.... any thoughts?

IMG_8585_zpstrqrdibb.jpg

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

You have them permanent or just during startup of LINDA?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guenter:

They come and go- NOT during startup- but at various times during cruise.  When changing modes, they go away.

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guenter/Scott:

Any thoughts?  Functionally the MCP is perfect- just the visual issue.  

The only other questions is that when I use the COM panel to tune VORs, they aurally identify- despite not being selected to do so in the RCP.... if i select them in the VC- no issue.  If I select them with the VRInsight COM panel- they ALWAYS ident and drive me batty.... thoughts here?

Love the software, deeply appreciative.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi All

I too have noticed the odd (yen) characters being displayed. I have yet to find the time to investigate the source but I suspect it is connected with 2.6.3 and new Saitek code. There is nothing wrong with your systems and it is nothing to worry about.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Scott-

The functionality is indeed unblemished and I am content to wait for a solution.... however, in re. the other question......

"The only other questions is that when I use the COM panel to tune VORs, they aurally identify- despite not being selected to do so in the RCP.... if i select them in the VC- no issue.  If I select them with the VRInsight COM panel- they ALWAYS ident and drive me batty.... thoughts here?"

Any ideas at all?

Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Carl

What aircraft are you having the com problem with?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scott:

Sorry for the delayed response- all the a/c I fly- mostly PMDG with the RealAir TD v2 and M.Jahn's C-47 once in a while.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Scott- any thoughts mate?

Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Carl

You may have noticed that I have been off line from some weeks.  I need to do some in depth investigation into the actual cause of the odd (yen) characters which I have seen.  However, I don't have the time at the next month or so to do that. Real life work is getting in the way.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scott-

TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD.  Would appreciate a PM when you get time to investigate.  I shan't pester you in the interim- instead- I shall enjoy LINDA as it remains superbly functional despite the odd character generation.

Ta!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Scott-

Using the latest version (2.6.7) and I still see said characters.... any thoughts?  Whilst I am pestering... I know this is possibly a reach, but is it possible to add a touch of acceleration to the MCP knobs, so that turning fast results in a faster than normal rate, whilst turning slow would maintain the current level of precision?

Thanks for all you do for us!

Best- Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Scott-

Using the latest version (2.6.7) and I still see said characters.... any thoughts?  Whilst I am pestering... I know this is possibly a reach, but is it possible to add a touch of acceleration to the MCP knobs, so that turning fast results in a faster than normal rate, whilst turning slow would maintain the current level of precision?

Thanks for all you do for us!

Best- Carl

I thought I had sorted this one. What aircraft are you using?  There are 2 rates to the MCP knobs - normal and fast (ie. A--. A-, A+, A++). What functions do you have assigned to the ++/-- operations?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scott-

The PMDG 77F.  

The HDG knob (and others) have the +,++,-,-- so perhaps it is as fast as possible already.....

Ta!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper