Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Upcoming ORBX TreesHD will also boost performance

The comparison screenshots don't even look much different. Next thing you know, they're gonna sell autogen...but its OPTIMIZED!!!!!!!!!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The screenshots look the same because I think that was the point... :P. If you read their post, both sets of screenshots were of the new autogen set (to show no changes in visual quality).

OMG they're awesome.   Now fix the sillyness of the default buildings.  As a former architecture student, the toy looks of them are blindingly obvious.

EDIT: OK they don't look any different.  I really need to accept my glasses.

ANOTHER EDIT:  They ARE different.  Great improvement.  Much more realistic.  

The comparison screenshots don't even look much different. Next thing you know, they're gonna sell autogen...but its OPTIMIZED!!!!!!!!!

Those are shots comparing 2 versions of the HD trees. The comparison between SD and HD trees can bee seen HERE

Can you see the difference now?

That is really a game changer.  I think the trees just might have been the 2nd largest factor of what had me avert autogen for photoscenery.  Still not enough yet, need real view of what is on the ground, the largest factor.  And the autogen buildings just look like toys to me.  Really breaks immersion.  These trees are a 1/2 of what kills autogen for me.

The fps improvement is over the older version of this new product. Is it still a FPS increase over the stock/orbx regions?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Those are

The screenshots look the same because I think that was the point... :P. If you read their post, both sets of screenshots were of the new autogen set (to show no changes in visual quality).

Exactly Dylan

The fps improvement is over the older version of this new product. Is it still a FPS increase over the stock/orbx regions?

Yes will not make a difference the boost should be evident in Their regions

Rich Sennett

So, these trees, they will be available every where? They will take place over my old trees? Or will it be a region only thing?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I'll believe this when I see it too. The cheerleaders at the ORBX forum will lap up anything JV shovels at them so I wouldn't take the enthusiasm over there as anything but.

We all know that elevated levels of autogen will bind the CPU, e.g. in large metro areas, so if it was so easy as someone recompiling the vegetation and building texture sets, it would've been done ages ago.

I'll buy ORBX trees only so I can see the "magic" that they applied to the autogen files...

[/cynicism]

So, these trees, they will be available every where? They will take place over my old trees? Or will it be a region only thing?

Everywhere and yes they will over write your existing textures with a fps boost - it appears they have done some under the hood work to boost the fps by 10

Rich Sennett

Everywhere and yes they will over write your existing textures with a fps boost - it appears they have done some under the hood work to boost the fps by 10

Hmm, Maybe they have optimized tree textures with a different kind of compression? I guess one point to look at is if for example there are less trees because the trees are bigger in size it technically would be less models that would have to be rendered. Before I get crucified I am just thinking out loud.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Obviously that 10 fps boost depends on your settings. With my high settings I manage to get an fps of around 30. I am 100% certain those new trees won't result in an fps of 40. They also already posted that the difference between regular trees and the HD ones is a few fps, some 10% maybe. All in all the biggest boost they posted about was between an older beta of the new trees and the current version. Apparently the addon, which supposedly would not hurt performance, did hurt performance but now it doesn't anymore.

I am actually a bit surprised by that topic on the Orbx forum.

I guess one point to look at is if for example there are less trees because the trees are bigger in size it technically would be less models that would have to be rendered. Before I get crucified I am just thinking out loud.

That's not it. Only the textures change. The placement and amount of trees is not being changed by the addon.

Obviously that 10 fps 

Just chucking this out there but 10fps seems a bit high for just a texture change - but on the other hand could be - they will never tell us - they just want to sell sell sell

Rich Sennett

+10 fps purely from a tree texture replacement? Yeah, right. Never gonna happen. And in another thread they have shown comparisons with the default Orbx trees which show that the new texture consume more VAS. That one I believe... ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT