Sign in to follow this  
cannow

GTX 970 and still struggling

Just brought the EVGA 970 and not much improvement over my 760. Any tips on setting these up really struggling . Clean driver first 15 4670k processor at 4.0 ghz . Whats the best NVidia settings and tweaks for this card .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

There is no one answer you have to play with all of the P3D graphic menu settings - you should also mention what version of P3D You have as it does make a difference - my 2.4 graphic settings are much different in 2.5 - for some reason 2.5 lower graphic settings gets me better looking terrain textures

Rich Sennett

Are you applying any tweaks in Nvidia Inspector? I had a bit of hickups in clouds with nvidia inspector. I removed the profile from inspector, now I fly wit DSR 4.0 30% smoothing and MSAA 2X. 

A few tweaks to look at 

Optimize_parts=1

Affinity mask

fiber_frame (With discretion)

Set Autogen sliders to Dense for trees

Normal for buildings.

lock FPS to half refresh rate. Give it a shot

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Are you applying any tweaks in Nvidia Inspector? I had a bit of hickups in clouds with nvidia inspector. I removed the profile from inspector, now I fly wit DSR 4.0 30% smoothing and MSAA 2X. 

You still have not stated your P3D version - need to know its different as stated above

=======================================================================

No NI here to much messing around and FPS hit to get aircraft graphic AA acceptable - I will post ncp settings in few mins - they are nothing written in stone just playing around - also without cranking up NI right now aircraft graphics are just not the best yet - LM needs to fix this - again just play with these and you P3D Graphic settings - it wont be perfect unless you want to take a good hit with NI cranked up as that is what it takes - oh multiple display - single display have seen no difference in this setting - useless

fw1w84.jpg

Are you applying any tweaks in Nvidia Inspecto

Rich Sennett

Thanks for help p3d v2.5 up to date on hotfix using optimizeparts=1. So far on a like to like setting I am down 3-4 fps on my GTX 760 . Not much smoothness about the same  if slightly worse  .I am quite surprised not have any performance gain. Which makes me think something gones astray .

Colin hodds

Did you delete the shaders in your shaders folder ? might help also vsync turn that on and off to compare 

Rich Sennett

Yes done the shaders and deleted the config files . Just downloading driver 344.75 to try . Using DDuV14100 to clean up drivers so far I have seen no improvement with this card if anything running worse than my GTX 760

Colin hodds

Yes done the shaders and deleted the config files . Just downloading driver 344.75 to try . Using DDuV14100 to clean up drivers so far I have seen no improvement with this card if anything running worse than my GTX 760

Hmm well that does not make sense as you should be seeing better performance - are you comparing 2.5 with both cards things have changed from 2.4 or earlier to 2.5 - well that doesnt really matter as the fps are better in 2.5 but at an image quality cost  from what I have seen - this being different from other builds pretty sure LM will sort it out in the end

Rich Sennett

No was already on 2.5 and happy with it . Test flight over London in default carrendo never got above 20 and stuttering better performance else where but no better than my GTX 760

Colin hodds

Ah ok - you may have a bad card - hate to say it but all points to that as you have done everything correct - nothing changed all the same - drivers will not make this difference you are seeing

No was already on 2.5 and happy with it . Test flight over London in default carrendo never got above 20 and stuttering better performance else where but no better than my GTX 760

Also try deleting your P3D cfg file and let it rebuild - you can save the old one but if it was me I wouldn't bother

Rich Sennett

P3D is still really cpu dependent,

I found similar experience when I went from a GTX 570 to a 970

Try running DSR without AA, then crank some visual settings

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

thanks Richard for your help  still investigating but you may be right

Colin hodds

P3D is still really cpu dependent,

I found similar experience when I went from a GTX 570 to a 970

Try running DSR without AA, then crank some visual settings

Interesting every time I bought a faster card I did notice a difference - nothing earth shattering until I got my Titan - cant wait to get my hands on a Titan X -still on back order

thanks Richard for your help  still investigating but you may be right

Your welcome - good luck - oh you can stress test it with the various ones out there that will tell you if your card is ok - if it crashes or acts funny there is your answer - try that after the cfg file deletion 

Rich Sennett

Richard I think you confused me with the topic starter. Any how running the 9144 is it? The latest version. Sitting in my bed too lazy to go check.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Richard I think you confused me with the topic starter. Any how running the 9144 is it? The latest version. Sitting in my bed too lazy to go check.

Prepar3D_v2_Academic_2.5.12944.0

Latest Sir

Rich Sennett