Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

Nice! Will it be necessary to own MCE to use this? (apart from RC4 obviously)

It will be nice to have RC ATC once again and for X Plane :rolleyes:

What makes you think MCE is involved in this, other then the poster having MCE for X-Plane installed, and having other MCE related videos? (Or are you the YT poster Speedbird123?) There is no reference in the description referencing to MCE nor is there any reference in the video to MCE. Also whoever did develop this plugin may need to get RC4's developer permission before release, if it has like many FS addons, a platform restriction in it's EULA. From a technical stand point, it is a much needed advancement over XP default ATC, but it's not clear from this video whether it will interact (I assume not control, since RC4 doesn't control FS AI.) with XP's AI. 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Presumably you have to have a working, registered copy of RC4 running on your PC. I am also supposing that this implies you have a copy of FSX alongside; RC4 uses MakeRwys.exe in the root FSX folder to get runway information. As this is a separate product from MCE, I am again supposing and the latter will only be required if you wish to use voice control with RC4. Not sure where permissions come into it, as the plugin does not seem to alter or reverse engineer RC4 in any way.

What makes you think MCE is involved in this, other then the poster having MCE for X-Plane installed, and having other MCE related videos? (Or are you the YT poster Speedbird123?) There is no reference in the description referencing to MCE nor is there any reference in the video to MCE. Also whoever did develop this plugin may need to get RC4's developer permission before release, if it has like many FS addons, a platform restriction in it's EULA. From a technical stand point, it is a much needed advancement over XP default ATC, but it's not clear from this video whether it will interact (I assume not control, since RC4 doesn't control FS AI.) with XP's AI.

Here's the link from the MCE Dev : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458643-multi-crew-experience-coming-to-x-plane/page-2#entry3204610 .

This is great news. X-Plane 10 is growing nicely. :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This is great news. X-Plane 10 is growing nicely. :P

It is, and not only will I buy the RC4 plugin, I have just bought MCE (the flexibility this thing has is impressive, and the support is great). X-Plane deserves good ATC, and any developer who shows this level of commitment to furthering the enjoyment of XP users gets my vote (and cash).

Will the RC4 plugin be available for Mac OS X as well?

Best regards,

MuffNick

As RC4 itself is a Windows-only app, I highly doubt it.

I know because of my former FSX times. I was a long term RC4 user. But XP10 is a multi platform simulator. Developer should not forget the other both platforms when compiling FSX software for XP10. It would help XP10 expanding within the small market of flight simulation for PC.

Best regards,

MuffNick

Excellent point re: multi platforms and their user bases, Nick. However, I think Dave just pointed out that the RC-4 plugin is dependant on.. well RC-4 and therefore bound to a specific OS.

We have to bear in mind that although RC4.3 is still available to buy, and the author (or a representative) still responds to activation requests, further development has been more or less halted permanently. Any future multi-platform ATC tool for XP would have to come from a different source.

I'd be looking forward to a conclusive approach on ATC and AI traffic being able to run with X-Plane. Not an easy task but the market is ready. Well, I am. :lol::P