Hello, can anyone tell me if it is easy to use two Saitek quadrants with FSX Gold? Where would I plug in the second one?

I would like to be able to have two so I can have separate engine controls for throttle, prop, and condition. Is this possible using just FSX and SST? I do not use FSUIPC and do not want too as the learning curve is way too steep for me.

I think I have seen this done somewhere before. Thanks for any help.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

I have 2 Saiteks and 1 CH TQ. They plug into the USB ports. If you don't have enough, add a USB card or module with several ports. FS will see them as well as FSUIPC (if you have it).

Jim D.

Thanks Jim, so SST can be programmed to control them as well? I use a combination of SST and FSX for all three, yoke, pedals, and throttle.

It's just what works for me. I would love to be able to have individual throttle controls for each engine.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Sorry if this seems dumb but I looked at the plug coming from the throttle and it's a round plug. It plugs into the yoke. So if I bought another throttle where would the round plug plug into?

Jack Sawyer

The individually sold throttles don't come with the DIN connector, it's just a standard USB....

Thanks Raven.

Another question, I looked in FSX's settings with my current one throttle and want to know how FSX will show or know it sees two throttle quadrants. Right now both are controlled by one lever, how does FSX know you now have two throttle quadrants?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Thanks Raven.

Np, and have fun! I just bought the second one mysefl (haven't installed it yet) and it comes with all the extra colored knobs for building all the different combos: twin engine, one 4-lever-spanning black one for jets, etc.

So, I still have a question. When I plug in the second throttle via USB, will FSX see it? If so how? Under the FSX settings will I now see two engine, prop, and condition settings?

Jack Sawyer

Yes FSX will see the controllers. You can then assign each axis to an aircraft control for example throttle 1 and throttle 2, however I would recommend using FSUIPC to assign the axis because this allows the physical levers to control different systems depending on the aircraft selected. On the RealAir Duke (I have 2 quadrants plus a TPM) the 6 axis on the quadrants are as per the actual aircraft (throttle, prop, mixture) where as on the Q400 the first lever is Tiller, then throttle, prop and flap lever. When you load an aircraft FSUIPC configs the controls accordingly. 

Regards

Paul Edwards

Thank you for your reply. I am only using Saitek's SST and FSX itself, I have no clue how to use FSUIPC, too steep of a learning curve. I only have a few planes that would require two throttles, the Duke Turbine V2, the NGX, and the B200.

Jack Sawyer

On the RealAir Duke (I have 2 quadrants plus a TPM) the 6 axis on the quadrants are as per the actual aircraft (throttle, prop, mixture) where as on the Q400 the first lever is Tiller, then throttle, prop and flap lever.

Paul, I was interested to read about your setup for the Duke and Q400. I have 2x throttle and the TPM unit as well. I don't yet have the Q400 which is on the shopping list.

At the moment I fluctuate between a Cessna 182 (with which I use the TPM) and the Duke (with which I use the throttle quadrants but not the TPM unit). I was wondering with the Duke what controls do you assign to the TPM. I'm all for making the most of the kit that I have already bought!

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve

When flying the Duke I do not use the TPM, it's used with single engine aircraft. I do however use the quadrant when I'm flying the A2A range of single engine aircraft. For example for the C182 I have a few axis on the quadrants assigned to cabin heating and ventilation, cowl flap and flaps.

Regards

Paul Edwards

FSuipc has become an essential part of my simming. If you can figure out the FS's key assignments, you can sort out FSuipc's functionality. (the payware one).

Read the manual!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Don't forget LINDA. I doubles the function of every button and key on those throttles (and yoke/joystick} I have been using two Saitek throttles for years. They work perfectly and are a snap to set up. I use FSX for throttle/mixture/prop settings and Linda for all the buttons.

Using Linda, I can get the Q400 from cold and dark to ready for taxi with the buttons on the quadrants (and have a couple of buttons to spare}

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg