Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Scenery problems and airport messes...

Hi folks, I have been installing my first basic addons on FSX, to start making it look nice, however I've run into some issues that I'm not quite sure how to solve...

First I installed FTX Global and Vector, along with REX4 TD. Tried to load up a few flights to see the differences, etc, and I'm pretty sure I must be doing something wrong, vpbecause I really don't see much... I was starting out at Houston Intl. But this difference or not can wait. You see, I paised in the middle to install my mesh, which is FS Global Ultimate Americas, and after reloading a flight and not seeing much difference I said "sure, Houston is pretty flat anyway, let's go elsewhere..." So I went to Seattle (KSEA) and that's where the horror started...

I read about the vector airpot elevator tool, And then FS Global also has the airport flattening tool, but either I'm doing something wrong (most probable cause) or something is wrong with these or which to use/not use or activate.

If I get the airport to be "flat" at the same level of the surrounding area, I get trees and houses in the middle of the airfield, and even on a seemingly clean runway strip just moving the camera places land textures on it.... See screenshots and excuse the quality, as they were taken with my phone since this was done on my "guinea pig pc" just for testing precisely this kind of things before installing on my main PC and it has no internet connection close to it

If I play around with taking out the flattening one, now the airfield looks great I see the airport buildings tower etc all looks nice, but the whole thing is "in a hole" (no pun intended...).

Wth am I doing wrong??

Note I have no other addons, no airports, etc, and using the default cessna.

Sorry but the previous post was done on my ipad and didn't see the image options...

Here are the screenshots.

Situation 1:

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

Situation 2:

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Any help, much appreciated :(

Edit: I think I really suck at doing this... Trying urls because the i,ages don't show (any kind sould would care to educate me? They are images in my public dropbox folder):

1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzoekb2crpw30b8/IMG_0244.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb1v54r19i9lwph/IMG_0245.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyf95jrhvo0d00a/IMG_0246.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja9atyshytmsiay/IMG_0247.JPG

2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/me1ekf4ktc20rtl/IMG_0248.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94ji14529es4a2p/IMG_0249.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbkejkfndggg7iz/IMG_0250.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yq6lo1rbmisir0/IMG_0251.JPG

I would say uninstall the global Americas and see what happens.

There are many bugs in the Orbx Scenery. I have assorted airports that are in holes or are elevated from surrounding area or taxi and runway signs are duplicated. It's not a major thing and only affects a small number of airports so I just live with it.

A large number of views, yet not much in responses can also mean that no-one wants to simply reply, "Gee, that sucks, wish I could help!". ^_^

In addition, you mention KSEA; I think a very large percentage of FTX Global/Vector users are also past users of the other FTX products, which means that the large majority of those have the PNW region installed, and thus have never seen KSEA without PNW but with Global + Vector, and therefore might never have replicated your issue!

However, the previous poster had good advice:  I would try to disable your mesh first, and see if your issues still exist.  Also, it could be something as simple as FTX Global not being installed correctly, or not being enabled in the control panel.

If you continue to have issues, I'd highly recommend joining the official FTX forums and asking for support there!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I put down KSEA as an example, but I also saw it at KDEN and other I was trying out (I also tried Newark, both wth and without the drzewiecki demo and we had houses in the water!)

I have isolated this to Vector... In the case of the first airports, if I specifically disable the exclusions file in the scenery library, the problem is gone.... In the case of newark with the objects in the water, nit sure which one exactly but I just disabled all of vector and problem goes away too. I'd say something is terribily wrong there, but I guess maybe now that I know it's specifically this (seemingly) I should pop over to the Orbx site...

I ran into the same problem with Albuquerque.  After running the automatic vector configurator it ends up  on a high plateau.

I manually moved KABQ from the disabled column to the enabled column in the vector configurator, clicked the apply button, and that fixed the problem.

I have run into a couple of airports that I have had to moved from the disabled to the enabled column.

KABQ

HAAB

LPMA

FNLU

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I ran into the same problem with Albuquerque.  After running the automatic vector configurator it ends up  on a high plateau.

I manually moved KABQ from the disabled column to the enabled column in the vector configurator, clicked the apply button, and that fixed the problem.

I have run into a couple of airports that I have had to moved from the disabled to the enabled column.

KABQ

HAAB

LPMA

FNLU

Noel

Well in my case it's the exact opposite... When I installed vector I ran the tool, and it seems to have ACTIVATED it for all airports. If you look at the screenshots, if I leave it activated I get the problem of them not being in a plateau but rather depressed in a hole. I actually have tomswitch them to the column on the RIGHT (are you 100% sure that's not what you have?) to DEACTIVATE them and the. They are level. But still, even when that is fixed I get trees and houses all over the field, as well as texture bleedthrough on the runway and such! I found if I uncheck the vector EXX entry in the scenery library the problem is fixed, but this can't be the solution :(

No, I have to move them from the right to the left.  It's pretty easy though because those four are always at the top of the right column after running the automatic mode.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

No, I have to move them from the right to the left.  It's pretty easy though because those four are always at the top of the right column after running the automatic mode.

Noel

Hmmm I haven't tested out yet (I will) but I think the difference in what you and I have to do might be due to the fact that I also have FS Global Ultimate and it's Airport Flattening Tool.

I would guess thinking back to what I did (probably) that If you don't do anything, the airport is high on a mound. So running ONE tool probably foxes that, but I probably ran the vector activation first, and when I saw "garbage" on the field ran the other tool, causing the garbage to disappear but leaving the airport now in ahole in the ground! (Lowering it twice = sinking it). I will play around with deactivating the other tool as well to see what happens. Now I'm curious as to wheter using it instead of vector is causing the garbage on screen or not (shouldn't though) because the only way to get rid of that is disabling vector directly.... :(

I also have FS Global Ultimate installed but have never used their flattening tool.  I don't even have it installed. 

Noel

Have you installed libs at all  usually  fixes  the issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I had a similar problem with my addon airports...I discovered they were not in the correct order in my scenery library....placed them at the top of the list (highest priority) and problem solved...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I also have FS Global Ultimate installed but have never used their flattening tool.  I don't even have it installed. 

Noel

You don't need to, you just run it and it installs some correction files (you can also remove them)

Have you installed libs at all  usually  fixes  the issues

Yep, tried that with the latest libs but nothing. In that particular airport's case only disabling the EXX module of vector in my scenery library removes the mess.

I had a similar problem with my addon airports...I discovered they were not in the correct order in my scenery library....placed them at the top of the list (highest priority) and problem solved...

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is with a default airport. Also checked the scenery order and seems fine.