Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Enhancement Program for FSX Air Traffic

Hi,

Some time ago I heard or read about an addon program for FSX that enhances the sounds of traffic at FSX airports thus enhancing realism for aircraft spotting. Does anyone knoe the name of this program?

Thanks.   Tom

Flight 1 have the "Audio Environment" products, one for airliners, one for GA. It is not really a program though, these are replacement sound files for a great number of AI aircraft (and the default planes). There is a dll running in the background that plays spool-up/spool-down sounds when appropriate for an AI plane. At least in theory it does, that DLL never worked for me... But the sounds themselves are very good (using UT2)

LORBY-SI

Thanks Nuikati, I'll check those files out.   

regards,   Tom

Hi,

I tried to install "Audio Environment"  under Windows 10 with FSX  and UT2 and it not works. I think that I followed instructions well, I installed several time from Flight1 installer with Administrator right.

Some ones have installed this addon with Windows 10?

Regards

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

There's also this add-on, Traffic Sounds 3D:

Thanks for the info but I would like to try to make work Audio Environment that I paid $40 USD....

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

I have Audio Environment left on my system from a couple Windows installs ago and it still works fine. It doesn't use a dll, it's simply a set of sound folders for various a/c types. The sounds are then used by the AI with a soundai.cfg that links it back to the sounds.

Maybe I'll try installing it on Win10 to see if there's an issue. I just can't see why there would be though.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I just can't see why there would be though.

Me too I don't understand. All sounds are transferred into each soundai folder of each UT2 Aircraft folders but the sound still same of original sounds. Also the soundai.cfg maps the good ones and old ones are backuped in Backup folder.

Windows 10 is very tricky about administrator right and sometime error messages are wrong when you have not the right on folders or files. But one thing is sure is that I install the EA correctly, I installed around 1000 of free and payware addons for my FSX...

Very odd... I do know that simply adding the soundai.cfg to my AI on my own works fine. My Audio Environment isn't even installed and the sounds still work.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Maybe a bit off, but I found this in another post

"Yea, that's a good tip. SOUND_LOD=0 is for telling FSX that you want to use the sound files in the AI aircraft\soundsai folder and not the default sounds that FSX provides."

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

My Audio Environment isn't even installed and the sounds still work.

Dave, it works but not as designed, without the Audio Environment dll  loaded via dll.xml you are not getting the startup and spool down sounds.

• Upvote 1

Maybe a bit off, but I found this in another post

"Yea, that's a good tip. SOUND_LOD=0 is for telling FSX that you want to use the sound files in the AI aircraft\soundsai folder and not the default sounds that FSX provides."

Great Airenie! By setting  SOUND_LOD=0 in FSX.cfg AE work fine now. I'm sure this solution will help lot of simmers. 

Now when I will be in line up I will have the pleasure to see and hear the true aircrafts not  domestic vacuum cleaners  :dance:

Happy new year 2016

Thanks

Pierre