Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Have you ever seen such weirdly looking clouds before?

This is starting to get like a yoke. Its beyond me. Tried everything this sunday, even tried HDE v.2 with a teeny tiny improvement but its mostly like this. A truly amazing simulator this is  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Or should I say what P3D2.5+REX4+Soft Clouds+ASN can produce together..................

2015_3_29_18_2_30_922.jpg

2015_3_29_19_5_3_989.jpg

2015_3_29_20_1_22_169.jpg

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Is "popcorn clouds" and the "vertical clouds" problem the same problem?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Make sure if you re-install to delete all the Lockheed Martin directories as described here. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/read-me-first-if-you-are-having-issues-updating-follow-these-steps/

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

do a search for popcorn clouds..i had them and managed to get rid of them by reinstalling.

steve

Really? I´e been following the "Popcorn Clouds Continue in 2.5" thread and I think the conclusion was that nothing helps? I've reinstalled 2.5 plenty of times, and I get these as default.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes, I've seen some mentioned that the use of REX Essential (+OD) could potentially solve the issue with popcorn clouds. Now I'm using REX4 TD with Soft Clouds (which worked excellently in FSX), but to pay for a new texture program because of an issue that seems to be Lockheed Martins' fault...  :unsure:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

should say that since reinstalling REX Essential the problem has gone away..not sure if it matters what weather engine you use as long as you reinstall it.

just my opinion though,don't mean i'm right.

steve

Why can't REX simply update REX Direct for proper P3D compatibility then?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I have REX Ess + OD and also just purchased Soft Clouds....yet the problem remains.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Indeed you can improve the look of the clouds with a proper combination of settings across REX, P3D and ASN, but I haven't found a solid solution. Any combo with ASN running still looks terrible, so at this point I've taken it out of the equation entirely. Have not tried reinstalling REX software, however.

I've tried every other solution posted here, so why not give this a go as well?

Onward...

Indeed you can improve the look of the clouds with a proper combination of settings across REX, P3D and ASN, but I haven't found a solid solution. Any combo with ASN running still looks terrible, so at this point I've taken it out of the equation entirely. Have not tried reinstalling REX software, however.

I've tried every other solution posted here, so why not give this a go as well?

Onward...

Hm, well YOU my good friend, is the reason I decided to try out REX OD. Maybe its just placebo (and a different METAR being injected into the sim by ASN), but I think it looks better now.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hm, well YOU my good friend, is the reason I decided to try out REX OD. Maybe its just placebo (and a different METAR being injected into the sim by ASN), but I think it looks better now.

It does look better, you are right. Not a placebo. I will stand by that. But ASN breaks it for me. Maybe my ASN settings are bad? 

ahh! The infamous popcorn clouds in v2.5

I started the thread Popcorn Clouds Continue in 2.5 which is still going on without a fix....only an OKAY work around...I am glad however another post went up of this. Maybe we can get some more input/development info.

I use ASN and REX4 (with softclouds) I needed to tweak my cloud.fx file to raise the multiplier to 0.64 to blend the clouds better. I still see popcorn clouds and cringe over FL330+. I have re installed on an %100 clean windows system after a complete rebuild and reformat. REX, LM and ASN all know about this...each blame it on each other lol.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png