Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

Looking for Feedback 34inch Wide Monitor with P3D

I am hoping someone can provide me feedback on a Samsung 34 inch curved screen LED-Lit Monitor 21:9 wide aspect ratio....With Ultra HD 3440 x 1440.  I am looking to drive with a single Nvidia GSX980 Video card using HDMI 2.   I am looking to twice the screen real-estate as compared to my Dell 27inch monitor.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  

Mark,

If you're going to go 34 inches, you might consider an LED TV that runs at 240hz. It may or may not be that good for text, but it would be fine for Flight Sim.  In fact, an LED TV running at 120hz would also be fine, but the price difference has dropped between the two from what it used to be, so 240hz is what I'd go with.

I'll also share that 32 to 38 inches is close to perfect for an aircraft window.  What I'm driving at is running numerous monitors under something like WideView  which allows you to quickly and easily change the view of indepenent monitors in 6DOF.  I'm not assuming that you're going multi-monitor, but if you ever did then you'd have a good start.

I keep toying with the idea of building a touch screen flight deck (even went so far as to investigate selling a custom, touch screen FMS and getting a manufacturer to make them).  But time has been an issue for me of late, and I just can't decide if I wanted to go with projectors or monitors. One of the benefits of projectors is that one can "lean left" on the flight deck and see things normally blocked by the flight deck where this would not be possible with monitors (to my knowledge, TrackIR wouldn't work under a multi-monitor setup run by WideView.  It works just fine with "regular" multi-monitor (I run three at the moment) but not under WideView.

More info than you may have been looking for... but I hope you find it useful.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I don't have the 980GX, but any video card with an HDMI output can do it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Mark,

Before you decide, you may wish to check out the the Dell U3415W. I made the purchase and am very satisfied. Not cheap but the quality is there and you get a 36 month advanced exchange warranty.