Hi All,

Took up a couple of beauties into the P3D skies around dusk for some fun flying. I know there are many folks right now on the fence deciding if making the switch to P3D from FSX/FS9 is worth while and I can honestly say, once you've got your sliders set to give the best performance/visuals, sticking with P3D will be an easy decision. The days of cracking open the .cfg file to wring that last ounce of performance are behind me and I've been having more fun playing "pin the tail on the sectional" and finding some places to fly out of/into.

Enjoy the screenshots and whatever your sim platform of choice is, post up your shots and share your story!!

Mike

Aerosoft Airbus A319 in Spirit "Bare Fare" colors (not that you can see it so trust me  :BigGrin:

20150329_006_p3d-0.jpg

"Blasting" out of KOTH (Northbend, OR) ...well, as much as a Q400 can blast out. 

20150329_013_p3d-0.jpg

Stock P3D water shot. Not the best but you get a good idea what P3D can offer "out of the box".

20150329_014_p3d-0.jpg

Climb thrust set; making our way to KEUG (Eugene, OR)

20150329_016_p3d-0.jpg

Yep, this right here is what you call a left turn. Executed "like a boss" (props to SNL)

20150329_039_p3d-0.jpg

OK, I'm not ashamed to say it....I missed all the final approach fixes for runway 34R at KEUG so here I am making my way back to the initial fix to get lined up for landing.

20150329_046_p3d-0.jpg

Gear coming down and shortly, a successful end to a great day of fun flying. My "lead FA" called me for dinner. Happy wife...happy life!!  :Whistle:

20150329_054_p3d-0.jpg

Great shots Mike!

More and more are loving P3d, present company included.  One of the BEST features if you like seeing all the different variations or sunrise/sunset is under the World menu, "Time Preview"

If you haven't already, grab the top slider in that window and watch your sim change in an instant!

Cool thing is that you can fly like that, with the window still open (I drag it to my 2nd monitor), and 90% of everything works while its open.  Some special lighting effects don't work, but you can just hit apply when you get just the right time of day, and you're sitting in front of your monitor looking at a stunning sunrise/sunset!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great shots Mike!

Great shots 

Steve did you know your up and down arrow keys also work to change time while the preview screen is open

Rich Sennett

Steve did you know your up and down arrow keys also work to change time while the preview screen is open

I do now!  :smile:

Thanks Brother!

Just found out from reviewing your profile is that we are the same age!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I do now!  :smile:

Thanks Brother!

Just found out from reviewing your profile is that we are the same age!

Welcome Steve - yah time fly's  :p0504:  

Rich Sennett

Great shots Mike!

More and more are loving P3d, present company included.  One of the BEST features if you like seeing all the different variations or sunrise/sunset is under the World menu, "Time Preview"

If you haven't already, grab the top slider in that window and watch your sim change in an instant!

Cool thing is that you can fly like that, with the window still open (I drag it to my 2nd monitor), and 90% of everything works while its open.  Some special lighting effects don't work, but you can just hit apply when you get just the right time of day, and you're sitting in front of your monitor looking at a stunning sunrise/sunset!

Hey Steve, 

Thanks for that nugget of info on the time preview. I've seen it on the menu but never thought to play around with it to see what it actually does. Looks like I have a date with a menu item tonight :-)

Hey Steve, 

Thanks for that nugget of info on the time preview. I've seen it on the menu but never thought to play around with it to see what it actually does. Looks like I have a date with a menu item tonight :-)

My pleasure Mike.  I love sharing, and receiving little tips to make our simming experience better.

I swear this is one feature a dawn/dusk flyer can't live without!  Once you set it to dawn and get the light jusssst how you like it, you fly a bit and its stark daylight again.  I just leave it open, and when the time progression pops the sun into a position you don't like...just grab the slider bar and you're instantly back in the twilight.  :lol:  

No texture reloading, no muss, no fuss...and the cool part (amongst many) is to see the shadow dance across the flight deck again.  :Applause:

I find I'm really missing the feature when I return to FSX to fly some legacy stuff I haven't moved to P3d yet.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Amazing screenies, thanks for sharing

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080