Sign in to follow this  
mikeody

NOOB FMC Question

Hello All,

My shiny new 737 has had its first [Tutorial 1] flight.

All went surprisingly well - but thank goodness for the 'pause key' !

Tutorial 1 has an EHAM arrival on 18R via REDFA with SUGOL transition - all input into the FMC before EGKK take-off.

No problems there but of course we rarely know for certain the arrival RWY before we get off the ground.

So my question is :

If I am told in flight by EHAM ATC that the RWY will be [say] 36C and not 18R, exactly what steps must I take to re-program the FMC to change my routing ?

I have looked at the huge amount of documentation that comes with the 737 but so far I havnt found the answer to what must be a common issue.

It may be that I shouldnt seek to program the entire route up front but wait for ATC to assign the RWY before I complete - but I dont know whether the FMC will allow that.

Thanks,

Mike Ody

If I am told in flight by EHAM ATC that the RWY will be [say] 36C and not 18R, exactly what steps must I take to re-program the FMC to change my routing ?

DEP ARR page > Reselect it the same exact way you selected it to begin with  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for that - I wasnt sure whether the FMC would let me make 'in flight' changes like that.

I did what you said and I now have a valid route to 36C.

It was a bit 'fiddly' as I changed the routing after REDFA.

I suppose if I was further out from EHAM I could have gone direct to say RIVER and missed out REDFA entirely.

I have lots to learn !

Thanks again.

Mike Ody