Sign in to follow this  
LittlePaulio

FTX Vector or Orbx Vector 1.30

At first the people at Orbx would be the complete scenery solution. Now apparently they recommend FS Global or as many as the FS Ultimate series as you can afford. All I want to know is if I have Orbx Vector 1.30 do I need FTX Vector, or indeed would people recommend it over the Orbx product? I am still confused about the install order after FSX and Acceleration. Is it Orbx Global first or say FTX Ultimate Americas

and Europe. And Orbx also have their European land classes which I wonder whether I need if I use FTX Ultimate and Africa. 

I don't believe there is a definitive answer to this one, I'm just looking to avoid wasting money on products that I don't need. And it seems to have gotten a lot more confusing these past few months. Ah well, it's all part of the fun and games I guess of pursuing this hobby (obsession)

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on these issues, and believe me I have attempted to research it myself and just ended up playing Fifa! So many products, so many opinions, they sure don't make it enjoy this simulation with the the satisfaction that you're enjoying the best possible experience you could. I have an I7-7440k, a Gefore 780 GTX and 16GB of Corsair 2133 RAM btw. 

Thanks again everybody!

I remember my beginnings and that I couldn't figure out how to start and with which addon.

Orbx Vector 1.3 is the same as FTX Vector. Lots of people use this with the same meaning. It is a vector data => accurate shore lines, lakes etc.

Orbx Global is a much richer set of textures and improved autogen.

Both: Vector and Global covers whole globe. And you don't need both.

OpenLC Europe is a information about cities, forests, and different land types positions, sizes and contours.

Instalation order is as follows:

1. Global

2. Vector

3. OpenLC

FS Global or FTX Ultimate, are mesh products (information about terrain elevations).

Installation order for mesh products is irrevelant - doesn't matter if you do it first, or last.

Hope this helps.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

For starts, ORBX and FTX are the same thing. ORBX is the company and FTX is their product line.

If you want to use FTX Vector, you'll need FTX Global first. FTX Global are new textures from the whole world and Vector adds better detailing for shorelines and roads and such. So spending money on Vector alone wont do you any good.

But that's textures. Ultimate Americas/Europe-Africa/Asia-Ociania are landclass packs, which add more detail to the shape of the land. This isnt made by ORBX but by Pilot's.

Here you have a choice in FS Global 2010, and if you want to use FTX Global/Vector, it;s best to get FSG2010 for FTX, and you've got the ultimate packs, which are even more detailed, but cost quite a bit more. Most people I see on here are using FSG2010, as am I.

I'd say, start with FTX Global, after that FSG2010 for FTX (or the ultimate packs, if you're looking for the ultimate detail) and if you want more detail in the textures, add FTX Vector.

Cheers!

Maarten

I'm not trying to butt in as a smart a--. But you mentioned 1.30. FTX Global is at 1.30, but that is textures. FTX/Orbx Vector is at version 1.20. Just clarification. The advice from Maarten and Lucasz was bang on for Vector. If the product you have is version 1.30, it is FTX/Orbx Global textures. I don't think Vector 1.30 exists. Again please don't be offended. I wasn't trying to be a smart guy. Just thought perhaps you were discussing the right version and a different product.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply, but sorry for the delay, I had to put FSX on hold for a few months when other commitments took over. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!