Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended AFCAD

HI guys

I have an odd circumstance with my Aeosoft Heathow Xtended AFCAD.  I can see the taxilines of another AFCAD file in the my Aerosoft Heathrow scenery. They are slighly greyed out, but the taxilines are there, alongside the Aerosoft scenery taxiline - which means that another AFX or AFCAD file is present. What's more,  my AI are following the rogue AFX arrangement and not the Aerosoft  AFX file, so they are misaligned when partking at gates, and when I select a gate in the setup menu, my parking position is also misaligned (or totally incorrect)

I have searched for an EGLLafx.bgl (or similar) file but I can't locate one in the P3D/scenery/world/scenery folder. 

Any ideas.  I previously had UK2000 scenery installed, but I uninstalled it for the Aerosoft version.  I'm not sure if its related, but an uninstall should have taken care of any AFCAD file as well, I'd have thought.

Aerosoft mostly put the Afacd files from their airport together in 1 folder....called AFD.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Do you use ORBx FTX England?

Is there something i need to disable?  I'll have a look at the intallation documentation tonight for Aerosoft for any mention of this.

I have an odd circumstance with my Aeosoft Heathow Xtended AFCAD.  I can see the taxilines of another AFCAD file in the my Aerosoft Heathrow scenery. They are slighly greyed out, but the taxilines are there, alongside the Aerosoft scenery taxiline - which means that another AFX or AFCAD file is present. What's more,  my AI are following the rogue AFX arrangement and not the Aerosoft  AFX file, so they are misaligned when partking at gates, and when I select a gate in the setup menu, my parking position is also misaligned (or totally incorrect)

I have searched for an EGLLafx.bgl (or similar) file but I can't locate one in the P3D/scenery/world/scenery folder. 

Any ideas.  I previously had UK2000 scenery installed, but I uninstalled it for the Aerosoft version.  I'm not sure if its related, but an uninstall should have taken care of any AFCAD file as well, I'd have thought.

If you run my MakeRunways utility you'll get a (very) large log file called Runways.txt. Any enabled and valid AFD BGLs will have been scanned and logged there. Just load it up into a text editor (you'll need one which can cope with large files) and search for EGLL. You should just find the default one then later the Aerosoft one. The filenames (full paths) are given as well as all the extracted details.

The entries are in increasing priority order, so later ones should overwrite earlier ones. Generally a decent AFD scenery file should be using "delete" entries to delete those elements they intend to replace.

If you find nothing that way then the underlying taxiways are more likely to be textures rather than added airport elements.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

HI

A quick and dirty way to check would be to go to the orbx England scenery and remove the EGLL entries from the Orbx folder,there are 3, the obj one is further down list. Keep them safe and then run P3d if the lines are gone 

This was/is a problem with the Orbx scenery and UK2000 airports and this fix sorted me out

hope that helps a bit!

cheers

Pete Little

Thanks Pete and Pete 

Those seem like sensible suggestions.  I'll have a look tonight

erich