Sign in to follow this  
franjoflyer

Cloud Density Settings and Weather Settings

Just a quick couple of questions.  First question,

I have cloud density set to Maximum, I believe this is incorrect as per reading a few threads.  I will turn this off to none, as it's my understanding that will stop FSX from injecting weather into the system when I want OPUSfsi doing it.  I will try this tonight when I get home.  So previously I was running it set to maximum, and have OPUS run the weather system.  With this set to none, and opus running the weather system will that help with frames at all?  I assume once I setup a client/server setup and have weather and cams update from a client, this will help me even more.

My other question is this, I've setup in the xml file to launch OPUSfsi when fsx steam edition starts.  No problems there, but what I find I've been doing from day 1 after purchasing OPUS are the following steps.

- I launch the game

- Click on Weather

- Click on OPUS Weather

I find I have to do this on every boot up of the game.  Is this setup even needed?  Can it just be left on the default "user defined" weather or do I have to keep selecting OPUS weather.

Loving this software btw.

The Cloud Density effects how much cloud the sim will render. It has no effect on the injected cloud cover. I have mine set to max, the only negative effect would be that the sim needs more processing to render the thicker cloud coverage. The amount of cloud cover though should still be in keeping with the injected number of octas. So reducing it slightly might help with frame rates. In general you want the highest setting your system is happy with.

You can run the OpusFSI FSISERVER program in a variety of ways. Whichever suites you is the best. I would recommend you tick the Disable Weather On Startup option though, as you should always specify your Destination and Max Cruise Altitude before Updating and checking the weather.

Make sure you step through the Getting Started Guide for Networked PCs ready for your Live View set up, and use the Live View client and server tests to fine tune the LV operation (see guide).

Stephen :-)

The sim can be left on "user defined" weather so no need to touch it, just make sure just don't enable the real world weather options. However there is an exception, if you are using AI aircraft then select RW Weather in the FSX Weather settings, update the FSX weather and ensure at least the correct wind has been injected. This requires that your point of departure is a met station and has a valid METAR in the Jeppesen database. This procedure will set the wind BEFORE the flight is even loaded.

You can see our FSX setup recommendations here,

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_getting_started2.htm#_Toc345576868

Cheryl