Sign in to follow this  
Syonco

VOXATC - Setting up Index

Hello.

I'm having issues with the indexer tool. It hangs at "G:\System Volume Information"

Using P3D 2.5 and VoxATC 6.50

I have my copy of P3D directly installed to G:\ Drive, it's not in a folder. I'm thinking that could have been the problem but after creating a folder and moving every file in it and re-running the indexer it still hangs at the same location.

Any ideas guys? Been doing google searches all day coming up empty.

Sent Tegwyn an e-mail for assistance.

I have my copy of P3D directly installed to G:\ Drive, it's not in a folder. I'm thinking that could have been the problem but after creating a folder and moving every file in it and re-running the indexer it still hangs at the same location.

well, just moving the files is not updating the relevant registry entries. you'd need to make sure your p3d entries in the registry also point to that new directory. otherwise addons are still going to assume that "g:\" is your p3d directory. i'm not that familiar with p3d so i can't say specifically what those entries are but maybe somebody in the p3d forum does... editing all of those can be a little tricky, it might be easier to just install it to a directory anyway.

incidentally there's nothing to gain by writing it to the root, but it would certainly be inviting problems, since windows writes various things to the root directories of drives that you probably don't want in your p3d folder.. as you have discovered.... it's not like there is a performance advantage for not having a folder either..

cheers and good luck!

-andy crosby

Hello.

I'm having issues with the indexer tool. It hangs at "G:\System Volume Information"

Using P3D 2.5 and VoxATC 6.50

Any ideas guys? Been doing google searches all day coming up empty.

Sent Tegwyn an e-mail for assistance.

Syonco,

I'm having them same issue. Did Tegwyn ever email you back with a solution? Thanks.

Same issue here, but with 6.51 and FSX:SE.

I also have contacted Tegwyn via the Contact Us on the web site.

Syonco,

I'm having them same issue. Did Tegwyn ever email you back with a solution? Thanks.

Unfortunately not. I've got it working now by re-installing P3D into a proper folder instead of directly on my G drive. This was my fault, not vox's :) 

EDIT : He did say use version 6.50, not 6.51! 

I have been testing a little, and noticed that it always gets stuck on the last folder under the main FSX folder, alphabetically speaking. If I move the folder away and re-run the indexer it will get stuck again on a different - but always the last - folder. It will treat an folder beginning with an underscore as a lower priority than letters and numbers, so mine gets stuck at "_CommonRedist".

If someone still has the 6.50 installer, PLEASE pm me. I am desperate to have it working again with FSX while we're waiting for a fix for 6.51.  :blink:

I got the install to go through after re-installing P3D into a subfolder on my drive rather than in the root of the drive (installing into the root directory of the drive, even if not the drive that has your OS causes problems with just about every add-on install so don't do that). I am, however, still getting fatal errors every time i try to start voxatc in P3D.

I am, however, still getting fatal errors every time i try to start voxatc in P3D.

I've seen something similar... try checking that your VoxATC sim setting is P3D and not FSX.

I've seen something similar... try checking that your VoxATC sim setting is P3D and not FSX.

Thanks. Where is that setting?

If you go to the Start menu you will find it's there under the VoxATC group "Select Simulator".

If you go to the Start menu you will find it's there under the VoxATC group "Select Simulator".

I had done that already DeeTee. Thanks.

I sent Tegwyn an email asking if 6.50 (for P3D2.5) will work with the 12945 hotfix.

I sent him a log file and he suggested that my fatal error issue was related to voxpop voices. He suggests uninstalling all the voxpop voices and the voxpop base program. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but figured I'd pass along the suggestion.

I uninstalled voxpop and all the voices and now voxatc runs like a champ. I'll try reinstalling the voices later and see if that works. So to summarize what I did to get up and running for others who find this thread at some point.

1. The freeze I was getting during install and indexing was caused because P3D was installed to the root of my SSD. Reinstalling it to a subfolder (e.g., D:/P3D) resolved that.

2. Once installed VoxATC was getting a fatal error upon enabling. Uninstalling the voxpop base and voices resolved that problem.

VoxPop has been singled out as the culprit for problems after two of my previous VOXATC upgrade installs. I think there should be a pinned thread for tips on VOXATC installs/reinstalls etc, with "Always uninstall VoxPop server & voices before reinstalling VOXATC" at the top of the list.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg