Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Detailed UK scenery for testing

Hi All

I've put together a scenery for the UK using several datasources and have released a "play" version here http://world2xplane.com/2015/03/30/uk-pro-scenery-v0-1/

Instructions on how to install and the required libraries are included on the page. Please make sure you read the entire post carefully before downloading and trying it out. Have fun

Is this a final ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Depends, if nobody downloads or uses it then yes :smile:. BTW, this is the file I sent you and some others on Saturday, so no need to redownload

Ah ok. 

I like the way the buildings are looking neat.

Hi Tony, this looks fantastic, will it be OK with default textures? 

Sorry I have no photoscenery (do you recommend any?)

I'm guessing I should also disable World2XP for the UK.  ^_^

Hi Tony, this looks fantastic, will it be OK with default textures? 
Sorry I have no photoscenery (do you recommend any?)

It works fine, it justs looks so much better when the ground textures match the objects. If you are willing to spend money then I recommend Flight1's UK VFR scenery, otherwise there is some free lower quality photoscenery at http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/index.php which should also do the trick.

It works fine, it justs looks so much better when the ground textures match the objects. If you are willing to spend money then I recommend Flight1's UK VFR scenery, otherwise there is some free lower quality photoscenery at http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/index.php which should also do the trick.

Thanks for the info, but at £80 I think I'll leave it! (I rarely fly GA/VFR anyway) A minor point, but you might want to rename this GB Pro VFR Scenery, there being no NI coverage. Anyway, will download at work and test ce soir.

GB Pro VFR Scenery

Yeah Tony you should rename it like Deetee says will sound professional :)

Poor Northern Ireland, always being treated as a separate part. I've been hunting around for some data for all of Ireland and there isn't much available I can use. Just to complicate things, the North and South seem to have different mapping agencies, etc.. The UK part of Ireland also doesn't use the same mapping agency as the rest of the UK :/

Hi Tony - Getting errors .. blah blah blah.

Edit: please disregard, yet another senior moment! (too many for 50 yrs old)

Hi

Just installed your scenery............superb!!, Brilliant!!!! Gobsmacking!!

Ok I like it, its made such a difference.

To start with really did not see much difference, until I deleted all the extras I

had installed, just using your software and libaries, and trees and farms the result was oerfect.

Frame rate is a bit higher but its worth it.

Well done and keep it up

Mhazy

Hello,

I'm new to XPlane, I've stepped over from the other side! I need some help please, I've downloaded the package as it looks excellent on email however, I haven't a clue what to with it :mellow: ?

Thanks in advance

Phil Murfin

Phil, unzip it and place it into your X-Plane/Custom Scenery folder. You also need to do the same with the libraries listed here http://world2xplane.com/downloads/, download each one (Only the ones listed in the libraries area) and drop into the Custom Scenery folder. except OpenSceneryX which has an installer.

The just fire up X-Plane.

Wow the amount of detail looks absolutely insane, I can't wait to try this out. 

Remember that if it's too detailed and causes bad FPS then lower you object density settings a notch or two. I found it works well in most places on maxmum except in large Urban spawls such as central London and Birmingham. For these, you may need to turn your settings down if you want to fly there. The strength of this scenery IMO is not the cities but all the villages, small towns and farm houses etc in between which give the scenery some life.