Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Nobody posted about this Epic?

Aerobask's latest aircraft??

http://www.aerobask.com/E1000/E1000-xplane.php

Looks awesome.  the GNS530 looks a little funny so large in the MFD but hey it should work right?

Looks like it was made in conjunction with an Epic LT owner and dealer from Brazil...  so the numbers/flight model should be decent

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Or TBM900 hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's $11 less than the PC-12, and they both look well s3xy... for fast GA eye-candy I wonder which would be the best buy? The Epic seems to have incredible performance from a single TP.

Well since I have the Shade Tree Micro version of the PC-12, I think the 1000 might be a good addition.

I stay away from Carenado in FSX/P3D altogether.  Given the number of issues and as usual user's tweak galore with the PC-12 version in FSX/P3D, I wonder what's the XPX version is like.  I have never own any Aerobask product so I don't know how this Epic 1000 is.  Anyone care for a mini reviews? on Epic and Carenado PC-12?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Given the number of issues and as usual user's tweak galore with the PC-12 version in FSX/P3D, I wonder what's the XPX version is like.

The Carenado and Alabeo aircraft for X-Plane are usually better than their FSX/P3D counterparts, because Dan Klaue (the main developer of the X-Plane versions) really cares about the aircraft. He often also implements features not available in the FSX/P3D versions. However, sometimes issues from FSX/P3D versions get carried over to the X-Plane versions.

I won't say anything about the E1000, 'cause I'm not objective here.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

OK boys and girls.  I bought this late today and it is already becoming one of my favorites.  I went into it after watching the second video on the main site where he goes from a cold start to a landing.  Mine started up on the runway with everything - almost - running.  I soon found that you have to turn on the AP switch on the left panel and the TRIM switch next to it before any of the AP works.  I just finished a medium flight at about 270 kts and had time to play around with things a little.  It is a great little aircraft and things work just the way they should - I think.  Any problems I have experienced were of my own doing.  I'm looking forward to reading the book and getting more hours on this one!  Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

John

John Wingold

While X-Plane reviews points to the large size of the MFD, the EPIC website shows it to be correct in size - but much simplified in the number of controls - as should be expected for flightsim purposes:

http://epicaircraft.com/aircraft

Still a happy purchaser.

John

John Wingold

Thanks for the link to the "real" Epic website, John.  The glass panel is, indeed, full sized and accurately displayed, although it is the 530 instead of a G1000.  Good enough for me...

Thanks John, you've convinced me to pick this up. I don't normally go for the the faster planes, but this looks great and is getting lots of positive feedback