Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Flight Plan deactivated in the middle of a flight - Help!

Hello Team!

I had a situation happen today that I seek guidance on in regards to what may have caused it.

Today I loaded up a flight plan from KDFW to KMIA that was created with PFPX.  It all loaded up perfectly in the PMDG NGX, including SIDs and STARs.  Departure from KDFW was flawless and flight plan was executed perfectly, until I reached the west coast of Florida over the SRQ waypoint.  At this point, the flight plan automatically deactivated from the main displays and I was on my own.  Luckliy the Miami Center folks came to the rescue and albeit in their own weird way, vectored me down safely.  I was really disappointed as I was really looking forward to executing an automated descent and STAR arrival on to runway 30 at KMIA.  Any ideas as to what may have caused the FP to deactivate by itself?

Thanks!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Most likely you did not check the LEG pages and see the words "vector". Your flight plan will end there. You have to LSK the waypoint below it and LSK it to the vectored and that will get rid of vector and you can continue to the next waypoint. It is important to monitor the LEGS pages for vectors and discontinuities.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ahh got it.  Thanks for the heads up!  No more texting and flying!!! LOL

Cheers.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It all loaded up perfectly in the PMDG NGX, including SIDs and STARs.

I think you missed something.  The PMDG will not import terminal procedures (SIDS & STARS) with the flightplan unless it was saved by the PMDG FMS.  Always check the LEGS information before TOD, and it is not a bad idea to review it during preflight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan!

What I meant by "including SIDs and STARs" is that the waypoints associated with the desired SID and STAR translated flawlessly - not the actual SID & STAR per se.  Live and learn - I will be more cautious with the FMC programming going forward.

Thanks again!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert