Sign in to follow this  
michaelsimmonite

RC Launch problems

I have successfully used RC with Air Hauler but wanted to try and use FS Passengers (I am quite lazy and enjoy the copilot doing as he is bid) however I have the following problem if I use the FSX flight planner;

Even though I set the plan to start at a gate, when I start my flight and then load that plan into RC it moves me from my planned starting point to half way along the active runway and no RC ATC panel open. If I go into RC Control it shows the gate as the starting point but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas?

Does this happen at all airports or just a few or one?

What version of MakeRunways are you using? Version number please - not "the latest".

What version of FSUIPC4?

Has this always happened or just recently? if recently, what new software have you added?

To get the RC display working properly follow the guidance in this pinned topic... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/272752-fsuipc-widefs-showtext-settings-for-rc-43/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray - and thank you for your support.

I'm using FSUIPC 4.939

MakeRunways - I'd never even heard of until you mentioned it but i found it as being v4.678.

I'm still not 100% sure what it is but after finding it in my FSX folder I ran it (presumably for the second time given that its already there - I'm assuming it ran as part of the original FSUIPC install).

My hope is that by adding new scenery and airports since the original install of FSUIPC I needed to run MakeRunways again to get RC etc to work properly.

My suspicion from your questions is that I added all my ORBX UK scenery after installing "Mrunways"  and that RC needed the re-run of Mrunways to make the problem go away as there is no rhyme or reason to when it works properly or not.

With regards when this happened  - EVERYTHING is recent for me. This is a new install on a new pc.

I last upgraded my pc in 2009 to get FS9 working properly, only for all my online friends to migrate to FSX which left me with frames of about 6, so I ditched Flight Sim altogether.

I know I have missed a heck of info and understanding of FSX in those 6 years so please forgive any ignorance as being pure ignorance rather than stupidity.

However....

No. Still puts me in the middle of the runway.

Here's what I do.

Open FSX

Make a flight plan and save it.

Press 'Fly Now' and am in game at the gate.

Open RC and load flight plan from mydocuments/fsx

Click Start RC

...and my plane moves from the gate to midway along the active.

Did you run makerwys via the RC scenery rebuild? That is necessary so RC copies the data into its data folder. If you have RC on a network client for an FS host, be sure to follow the special instructions for the scenery rebuild. If you have FS9 and FSX installed, be sure you are using the correct RC installation for starting it for the version of FS and match the scenery path to that FS version for the rebuild. Be sure in running the scenery rebuild you wait a couple of seconds after the last OK for the "finished building a4.csv" message.

Be sure the flightplan airport origin matches your airport scenery. RC calculates its airport center reference from the runway data imported into it. If your aircraft is parked very far from it RC moves the aircraft.

RC4 only uses the gate information for pronouncing it, Be sure there is no space between the gate letter and number(s).

There were a couple of airports where this occurred. EGLL comes to mind after the Aerosoft version was installed I believe.

We have had a few instances also of the wrong flightplan sent to RC for the airport selected for departure.

To insure files were copied correctly, go to your fsx folder, right click on r5.csv, click properties, and get the modified date-time stamp for it. now go to rcv4 or rcv4x\data. Right click on r4.csv (it is a renamed r5.csv) select properties, and get the modified date-time stamp for that file. They should be close.

Thanks Ronzie.

Checked and done all you asked and suggested.

The problem appears to be Stanstead, Cambridge and London City as the departure airports. All 3 send the 'plane directly to the active with the RC ATC window not visible.

Just filed a plan from Cardiff to London City and it opened as it should.

Can't figure this one out. I'm using ORBX world textures and UK2000 airports

I recall another user having a similar problem. Note how all 3 airports are within a degree of the zero longitude. I can't find the topic unfortunately.

So just to confirm... you have Rebuilt Scenery DB in RC4 and it completed successfully.

Please open a4.csv using Notepad (never Excel) and find the entries for EGSS, EGSC and EGLC. Copy and paste them in your reply and I'll compare them to mine.

Also, try creating a flight from Humberside EGNJ. That too is very close to the meridian so should give you the same problem. Then try Robin Hood, Nottingham EGBN as that is at 1 degree west and I'm betting it will be okay.

LATER: This was the other topic I was looking for. Unfortunately the chap never followed up with what we asked him to do so we don't know if he fixed it or not. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446839-aircraft-moves-when-rcv4-started-no-display-window/?hl=+egss

Is your version of Stansted, Cambridge and London City by UK2000? Are they the paid or free versions? And do they have a higher priority in Scenery Library than ORBX airports? By higher I mean do they appear closer to the top when viewed in FSX - Scenery Library.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For reference, here are the RC calculated a4 entries for the default airports in FSX Steam Edition.

EGLC, , 51.50523 , 0.0548855 , 3 , 19 , 4930
EGSC, , 52.20389 , 0.1744113 , 2 , 47 , 6429
EGSS, , 51.88512 , 0.234985 , 3 , 348 , 9984

Here are extracts from three flight plans I created with FSBuild showing departure area information:

--------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>EGSS to LFPG</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>HighAlt</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>37000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>EGSS</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N51° 53' 05.00" , E00° 14' 05.00",</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>LFPG</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N49° 00' 35.00" , E02° 32' 52.00",</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>EGSS, LFPG</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>26R</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>LONDON/STANSTED</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>PARIS/CHARLES_DE_GAULLE</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>60905</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EGSS">
             <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
             <WorldPosition>N51° 53' 05.00",E00° 14' 05.00",</WorldPosition>
             <ICAO>
                 <ICAOIdent>EGSS</ICAOIdent>
             </ICAO>

----------------------------------

<FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>EGLC to LFPG</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <DepartureID>EGLC</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N51° 30' 19.00" , E00° 03' 19.00",</DepartureLLA>
        <Descr>EGLC, LFPG</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>09</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>LONDON_CITY</DepartureName>
        <AppVersion>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EGLC">
             <WorldPosition>N51° 30' 19.00",E00° 03' 19.00",</WorldPosition>
             <ICAO>
                 <ICAOIdent>EGLC</ICAOIdent>
             </ICAO>

----------------------------

<FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>EGSC to LFPG</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <DepartureID>EGSC</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N52° 12' 17.00" , E00° 10' 30.00",</DepartureLLA>
        <Descr>EGSC, LFPG</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>05</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>CAMBRIDGE</DepartureName>
        <AppVersion>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EGSC">
             <WorldPosition>N52° 12' 17.00",E00° 10' 30.00",</WorldPosition>
             <ICAO>
                 <ICAOIdent>EGSC</ICAOIdent>
             </ICAO>

-----------------------------

Compare the departure data in your flightplans and (with format conversion) the a4 coordinates between your planner and this planner and also your a4 coordinates. FSBuild was last updated for the Jan 2013 cycle.

Hope this helps for a reference to default scenery.

Its a tricky mistress this one.

Rebuilt Scenery DB in RC4 and it completed successfully.

Humberside was fine.

Just to clarify, Nottingham moved the plane but EGBN is Nottingham (City) Tollerton.

EGCN is Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield  - which works fine.

UK 2000 is a very old paid for version (Robin Hood still looks like it was built by Friar Tuck!) and they have higher priority than the ORBX airports.

Below are the notepad lines you asked for.

EGSS, , 51.88506 , 0.2350065 , 3 , 348 , 9941 

EGSC, , 52.20444 , 0.1764307 , 3 , 47 , 6458 

EGLC, , 51.50517 , 0.05518 , 3 , 19 , 4402

ADDED: @Ronzie I see that my EGSS line differs from yours. I assume that they are co-ordinates but I don't know what to conclude from this other than my FS is BAD and yours is GOOD.

But which bit is making it bad and how do I make it good? I've tried shouting at it but that doesn't work. Nor does sending it to bed without any tea.

Humberside was fine eh? Odd given it's within 1 degree of the meridian.

Anyway, here are my entries from a4.csv. Only EGSS is 3rd party (UK2000), others are default. The defaults match Ron's as I would expect.

EGSS, , 51.88509 , 0.235045 , 3 , 348 , 9941

EGSC, , 52.20389 , 0.1744113 , 2 , 47 , 6429

EGLC, , 51.50523 , 0.0548855 , 3 , 19 , 4930

Very difficult to see where the problem lies. I suggest you start FSX and place your aircraft at a troublesome gate. Open RC and click Debug. It will prompt you for a log name. Having supplied it load your plan and press Start RC.

You only need to let it run for as long as it takes to move the aircraft. Then stop RC using the button. That will save the log and close down RC in an orderly manner.

Zip up the log and send it to John Dekker at jd@jdtllc.com including a brief description of the problem. He should be able to tell you exactly what is going wrong.

Sorry I can't assist further. Please report back with the results. It will help others.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

To be sure the log is saved, before quitting FS, alt-tab to bring up the RC app window. You'll notice the Start button is now labeled quit. Use that to close RC to be sure the log is saved.ot Quitting RC before your flight is closed will cause RC to hang and be aborted via the task manager and the log will not be saved.

What flight planner are you using?

Michael,

Have you sent the log to JD and had an answer yet?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather