Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

SWA...turn right heading 180....

"Center....unable, are you nuts?"  :Shame On You:

Love the radar, totally changes the sim!

zqVZAi.jpg

And the clouds I've been dodging are quite beautiful when you're getting above (or around them)  :Love:

tXckV0.jpg

I'm REALLY liking the new SWA livery!  Can't say the same about my "other" hometown airline. :Sick:

zGNAON.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Bout time you became an NGX driver :lol:

Now if we can only get you to leave the U-S and fly to some austere locations such as Tinian, Ascension Island or Mataveri International B)

Chris Sunseri

I agree, the new Southwest Livery is very nice looking.  Great shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Stunning shots Steve! I might be wrong but I could have sworn I heard the clattering of paint cans and brushes dropping on the floor and someone who sounded like you muttering under their breath..."Where did I put that base white paint can for the 73!!??"

:ph34r:

Spectacular sight seeing SWA!

HLJAMES

Wait, didn't Southwest just change their livery recently, and now they're changing it again?

Where have I been...

This new one looks much better. Nice shots!

Thanks to all, I 'm glad everyone is liking the new SWA livery.

Bout time you became an NGX driver

Now if we can only get you to leave the U-S and fly to some austere locations such as Tinian, Ascension Island or Mataveri International

Hey Chris, I've flown the NGX, but the iFly variety in the past.  Its a very nice bird and I like the pricing where you get all the models for one price (and less than PMDG, but the quality is just under the PMDG offering).

Anyway...going to fly the 800/900 and save the $25 on the 700 for something else, until much later if I get the bug to fly it.  I just hope the price on the addon 6-700 model stays the same price after the intro period (like the 77's -300 seems to have).  Enough on pricing and stuff, hehe this is the screenshot forum!

As far as austere locations, I definitely plan to do some Pacific island hopping, hitting the islands the Marines did in WWII.  I've done some of them in the 777, but she's hard to get into some of them, hehe.

Stunning shots Steve! I might be wrong but I could have sworn I heard the clattering of paint cans and brushes dropping on the floor and someone who sounded like you muttering under their breath..."Where did I put that base white paint can for the 73!!??"

Hey Mike,

The sound you heard out of my paintshop was probably me re-tooling half the hangar, getting ready for the 747v2.  The rest of the hangar is still wrapping up a few 777s  I don't think I have room for any '37s, and I think most of the painters have covered a majority of the liveries anyway.

However...for old-timers such as yourself who's been here forever like I have, you guys are kinda' grandfarther'd in to my unlimited paint request line.  :Whistle:   My way of thanking you for supporting me all these years.  There are many factors influencing a new repaint, esp. one where I have to get familiar with the maps, but send me a PM if you're looking for one and if its not too hard I will consider it. :wink:

Stunning repaint Steve.

Darryl

Thanks Darryl...but I didn't paint this one...I think Alex (aka Goldstar) did.  Contrary to popular lore, I don't exclusively fly only my own paints, hehe.  If I did I'd either be missing out on some spectacular liveries or spending ALL my time paining as I like to fly a lot of variety. :BigGrin:  

I'm loving all the Airbus screens you've been posting, and I've considered a 'bus or two out of my paintshop, but Holgi and DetCord and others are putting out excellent work that I'd rather fly than try to match them.

I painted a few Bus's long ago, but they were pretty simple compared to today's hi-res texture maps.

Wait, didn't Southwest just change their livery recently, and now they're changing it again?
Where have I been...

This new one looks much better. Nice shots!

Thanks AJ.  Hehe yeah it does seem like they just went to Canyon blue, that was years ago....I like that one too much better than the old mustard color!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

So Good!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hey Chris, I've flown the NGX, but the iFly variety in the past.

A man of many planes B)  I'm guilty of that lol.  World Airways just called me this morning and since the paint hasn't quite dried yet on their brand new 777F, they have an MD-11F ready for me.  Where in the world will World take me this time :rolleyes:

Chris Sunseri

A man of many planes B)  I'm guilty of that lol.  World Airways just called me this morning and since the paint hasn't quite dried yet on their brand new 777F, they have an MD-11F ready for me.  Where in the world will World take me this time :rolleyes:

sadly i'm not checked out on the MD11.   dont get me wrong, I love me some good DC and MD airframes, just never got the '11 when PMDG released her.

I'm too spoiled on the high detail textures of our 777 and 737 to give the aging MD a go now....and since the price of her is still her inaugural price....that pricing model does not fly with me.  I can tell you they are missing out on an untapped revenue stream by never offering sales on years-old products.

I too would love to see them give the girl the treatment she deserves and I'd be an instant customer, but they seem to believe the ROI numbers don't support an MD11 all spruced up in today's dress. :Sigh:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

sadly i'm not checked out on the MD11

I used to be checked out as in check airman checked out :lol:   As much as I love the MD-11, you're absolutely right, today's high quality textures kinda leave you wanting a little when you strap yourself in her cockpit.  My favorite thing about the 11 is taking off like a rocket, even with a heavy load.  She only gets a fraction of the miles now that she used to get prior to September 2013, but it's still one of a kind and a beauty to pilot. 

Had PMDG released her a year or two ago, I wonder if sales would have been much improved?  I always have my speakers up the loudest when I fly her even to this day

Chris Sunseri