Hello, I just bought ASN as a replacement for Opus.

I haven't run it yet as I wanted to read the manual and watch some YT's but since doing that I'm a bit confused.

I notice you can create a flight plan in ASN and you can load one too.

What type do you load? Do they mean the kind of flight plan you create in FSX which I think is pretty poor, or do they mean a PFPX plan?

The manual wasn't really clear on flight plans. I noticed it said you couldn't use some features till you loaded a flight plan.

So do I have to first run FSX, create a flight plan using the default and crummy one, exit FSX THEN run ASN and then finally load it into ASN?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Jack Sawyer

Jack:

Actually, you can enter, create, modify, and view a basic flightplan in ASN (see pages 45-46 in the ASN manual under the section titled "Flight Plan"). However, ASN is not a flight planning tool per se but rather a weather generator (and a fantastic one at that....but I'm biased). I prefer to generate flight plans using a dedicated tool like PFPX (my favorite) and then import the plan into ASN. My typical work flow is: 1) generate a flight plan using PFPX, 2) export it to my addons, including ASN, which can load a FSX-format plan, 3) launch ASN and load the flight plan in it, 4) launch FSX, and 5) fly.

While not necessary, it's a good idea to import your flight plan into ASN, because, by doing so, ASN can generate more accurate weather conditions along your planned flight....a good thing.

Hope this is useful, and enjoy ASN!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thank you Rudi, this was exactly what I was looking for, step by step. This will help a lot. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jack Sawyer