Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just released: Sedona, Arizona KSEZ

One word: Gorgeous!

Two words: Smile Maker

Three words: Get Your Copy

Four words: Back to the airport  :P

Seriously...this is a beaut...and right up there at the same quality of construction, as Palm Springs.  The bluffs, look real...real rock...reality and simulation is truly starting to blur....the airport and surrounding area is worth the coin you're going to leave behind at The FlightSim Store.....

Make sure you download and load in the latest Object Libs for both P3D and FSX, as Sedona needs them....

Running VECTOR auto-airports elevation corrections also recommended.

I agree.  Jarrod Marshall did a fabulous job with Sedona!

Any links? Writing with one hand only

It does look fabulous.  With an elevation just shy of a mile high and a runway just short of a mile, I highly doubt I'll buy it since I can't get heavies in there.  I guess I could if I flew empty all the time :lol:

Chris Sunseri

It does look fabulous.  With an elevation just shy of a mile high and a runway just short of a mile, I highly doubt I'll buy it since I can't get heavies in there.  I guess I could if I flew empty all the time :lol:

As you can see, Corporate/Business sleds can have fun at that approach. Also, with ASN, you will feel loft, and shear to that approach because of all the different elevations in play. I have only flown in and landed with the Carenado c377, and boy..did I get buffeted around near dusk.... That is a lot of fun discovered by having this scenery. Flying that approach at dusk and night...is spectacular!

Thank you. It looks great.  From the coverage pic,  it shows its only 230 nm from Palm Springs,  so a perfect distance for a short-ish flight from one detailed airport to another 

Absolutely, Elaine...I did KSEZ to KSAN (San Diego) in just over 2 real-time hours, last night in the Carenado SkyMaster C377. Cruise was at 150 knots, at 10,000 ft ASL.  Went over some great South West scenery in FSX:MS.  Phoenix, Los Angeles, Las Vegas,...all obtainable if a real-time flight at the controls is wanted.  

Also, because of so many buttes etc, and if you are using ASN, you can get some good luft and chop.

I wonder if you could sail-plane right off the edge of the runway....for you are up over a thousand feet to start, and as I said, there are many up-winds in the area.

Mitch

Great stuff Mitch.  

As i'm not familiar with most of the locations of Orbtx airports the first thing i always do before i buy one,  i always try and figure out were and how far are each of the airports to each other are.  So the little pic showing the location and how far away the next airport was pretty cool very helpful.  Take note Orbtx:) 

Great stuff Mitch.  

As i'm not familiar with most of the locations of Orbtx airports the first thing i always do before i buy one,  i always try and figure out were and how far are each of the airports to each other are.  So the little pic showing the location and how far away the next airport was pretty cool very helpful.  Take note Orbtx:) 

Elaine, I'd certainly recommend both of Jarrad's creations,  KSEZ that we are positioning here, and as well, his great Palm Springs offering (KPSP).  With these two, you could have a 'Three Musketeers' of airports to fly between...such as a jaunt from Sedona, to Palm Springs, land take a food break, and then take to the air for a 1/2 hour mountain-hop over to San Diego, and some interesting by-the-sea eye candy.  There are great free-ware renditions of KSAN, and if memory serves, I think that an ORBX freeware pack also installs one.  From KSAN, you can snork right over to John Wayne municipal...from there, to Monterrey, (whether FSX/P3D stock, or ORBX)...and then plutz up the coast to San Fran and beyond.  I do this rubber-necking route quite often.  :rolleyes:

Elaine, I'd certainly recommend both of Jarrad's creations,

Yes these will be my next and first Orbtx airports outside of the UK and Scotland.   I'm hoping there might be a little sale for Easter  :Drooling:   Maybe Palm Springs for half price  :Party:

Thank you for the tips 

Yes these will be my next and first Orbtx airports outside of the UK and Scotland.   I'm hoping there might be a little sale for Easter  :Drooling:   Maybe Palm Springs for half price  :Party:

Thank you for the tips 

You're most welcome!  Enjoy, when you decide to a load them in... :)